Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Camper jacks and landing gear hybrid

Does anyone out there know of a modification to raise two or more jacks at the same time without going electrical? I have seen landing gear setups for 5th wheels and thought if someone could develop the same kind of tech for lifting two camper jacks...

TC off truck

Good morning,plan on long trip to Arizona my question can we sleep in camper off truck safely?

Different slide gaskets on my slide

Just noticed the slide gaskets on the front and rear of my slide are different. All other RV I have owned slide gaskets were the same. Is it a factory goof? Or is there some sort or a reason for the different styles of gaskets. My TT IS A 2020 Coach...

Skipg by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Vehicle rating and comfort

Hi All! I'm having trouble deciphering the towing capacity of my truck.Vehicle stats:2016 Ford F-150 4x4 SuperCrew3.5L V-6 EcoBoost3.3 Axle ratioGCWR 16100#Conv. towing trailer cap 10,600#Would my truck tow a UVW 5000# (6800# GVWR) trailer comfortabl...

jeraco by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you summer travel?

Currently when traveling cross country in the summer. I stop into Walmart until reaching my destination and run the generator allowing me to run the air conditioning. What do you do with a TT not having a genny!

*NEWB ALERT* question about TT up keep

Hi All!I am new haven't posted much here. Forgive me if its in the wrong section.I have owned a TT for 2 years as of this month. And I have a few up keep type questions :- My caulking is brownish in color. Is there a way to brighten it up or do I nee...

Small bunkhouse RVs? Have I missed any?

I have a 2012 R-pod 177 that we started RVing with about 3 years ago but my family has outgrown it (there's now 4 of us), so we're starting to look for a "bunkhouse" plan to replace it, probably within a year. Not stuck on a new one, but I'm browsing...

Jawn by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrading Brakes Question

I have to replace the brakes on my 2017 Sierra 1500, Crew Cab, Standard Bed. I would like to upgrade to something better than OEM. The Powerstop Truck and Tow Performance pads and rotors (drilled and slotted) look good. Looking for advice from peo...

bogie514 by Explorer
  • 69 replies
  • 0 likes

Do upgrades help the selling price?

I am selling my TC, but am wondering if all the upgrades are really going to add much value to it. If I remove them then that saves me the money for the next time I need these upgrades.I currently have a 2nd solar system to the tune of about $600. A...

ajriding by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

water pump

i have a 2016 Coachman apex. i can not find the waterpump. anyone have access to schematics?

Hot brakes and Tall trailers

I have a small light tow rig. With our weight dist. hitch with sway control, it tows amazingly well. It almost drives like I'm not towing at all... until I look at the MPG... The issue I have is with the brakes on our single axel, 19ft, 2015 Jayco Ja...

TowBo by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Shocks

My GF and I show dogs. She has a 2008 Chevy Express van and tows a 26' TT. The van is usually loaded with dogs, crates and associated grooming equipment. It handles the TT quite well but she still has the original shocks. The last time I drove it...

greende by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Super duty 10 speed gear ratios

Very similar to the 1/2 ton ratios. They are probably all excellent but my personal preference is that they would have left reverse as a higher speed. I think it was 1:-3.4 in the 6 speedSuper DutyGear RatiosFirst 4.615:1Second 2.919:1Thir...

4x4ord by Explorer III
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

Host Mammoth Triple Dog Dare Challenge Report

This article reviews the Host Mammoth by the Host General Manager.https://www.truckcamperadventure.com/host-industries-triple-dog-dare-challenge-report/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=truck-camper-news_97Kind of a weird concept wit...

jimh406 by Explorer III
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes