Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tire Pressure

After recently getting back into Travel Trailer camping (took 12yrs off) I cant remember how much tire pressure I should run in my tow vehicle. I run a 2003 F250 Diesel on 31x10x50 10 ply tires Load Range E with max pressure of 80#. When I purchased ...

Sleepy Checking in!

Posted: 08/11/19 06:12pm Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify ModeratorIt’s been a very long time.It appears that we have a new moderator, who is it.Janet and I are still kicking. Our 1161 is sheltered in the carport. After 1318 nights we rep...

sleepy by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Vehicle Tire Pressure

Do others increase / decrease the tire pressure in their tow vehicle when they are pulling the trailer? My truck specs say 35 psi for all 4 tires, but nothing about adjusting when towing.I'm thinking I want to increase the tire pressure in the rear ...

nagel by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

How to value trade?

How do you value trade on a camper?NADA comes back retail low: $16,550, Average retail:$19,950Can someone explain what these numbers mean? Are these prices that someone should expect to pay from a dealer? There is currently one camper like mine for...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Any problem with these 2 set ups?

Based in part on info received here I've ditched the idea of a hybrid and decided to go the pop-up route to tow behind a 13 town and country with 100k miles on it. I'm torn between two units. One weighs 2,000 dry and the other with a dinette slide w...

Downloading at Campground

Bought my first Truck Camper this week. Love it so far and have loved all of the ideas I have found on line. My question: How many of you download your camper at the campsite and use your truck to get around the area? Do you leave it on and just ...

Real towing advise please

Long story short, I had a 2017 Tacoma, bought an RV (Travel trailer), "they" said oh yeah, it will pull it, just don't go over 80% of towing weight. Done, but we were kinda close to the 80% weight. LOADS of sway and scarey moments...Bought a 2018 T...

Scubydg by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Extended warranty

I am purchasing a new 2020 Transcend tomorrow. I am sure I will be offered an extended warranty. Any suggestions on if they are worth it or not?

Largest TT out there

What is currently the largest TT out there? We have a 32’ Forest River with 3 slides but am wondering if there is anything bigger. I have a one ton and just don’t like 5th wheels. Thanks for the help!

Tires

Have Michelin LTX. LT275/70/18. 10ply. Had tread separation and not happy with mileage. Has anyone had Cooper? If so which tire. Going on 2011 3500 GMC are. Pulling 14500# fiver.

SDM by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Cabin filte

I recently changed the cabin filter in my car. Having never done so in my Silverado, I started researching it. Finding nothing on that subject on-line, I called the local dealership: the 2011 Silverado has no cabin filter.

jamesu by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford F-150 what do I need for towing?

I thinking of downsizing from a 38 ft Diesel Pusher to a smaller travel trailer. I have a driveway that is 25 feet deep. I'm thinking a TT around 23-25 feet. (I have to currently store my motor home at a lot. One reason I'm thinking of downsizing...

supercub by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar wire size

I,m going to add another 100w panel to the camper and am not sure what size wire Lance used in 2011 12g or 10g it looks like 12g to me and if it is I will replace with 10g. Thanks for any help

RAM 3500 Auto Level Rear Suspension

I currently haul an Eagle Cap 950 on a 2013 RAM with the traditional leaf rear end.Has anyone put their TC on the optional Auto Level Rear Suspension? I can see the benefits, but I can also imagine some not so good outcomes of such an option.Thought...

egarant by Explorer III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes