Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New Camper + Question on towing toys

Hey all,Been a bit but my wife and have pulled the trigger on a new truck camper. We owned one in 2012, didn't have toys then sold it but we do now. My truck is a 2009 F350 Crew Cab V10 (3800lb payload). The camper (1994 dry, so 2800 wet) we are b...

Kalabin by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

TT Recommendation

Hello all - this is my first post, so hopefully this is the right forum. Also, if there is a sticky somewhere that addresses this, could you please point me in the right direction?Anyway, we're looking to buy our first travel trailer and would appre...

bjkb1f by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Grill guard

I’m looking at a waestin grill guard for my Ram 3500. How important do you long distance Truck camper travelers feel a grill guard is? Looking at going to Alaska, is protecting the front of the truck a priority? When I go through Texas many trucks ha...

Truck Camper VIN Weight vs Scale Weight

Hi all,I bought a new truck camper last year and noticed that the advertised dry weight, which is also printed on the VIN sticker is significantly lower than the actual dry weight I got when I weighed the camper on a certified cat scale.The advertise...

Solved: stereo audio problem

I was having an intermittent audio problem, with one speaker cutting in and out. I thought the problem would turn out to be a flaky crimp connector on the speaker wires, and spent over an hour checking all of these connections to no avail. I finally ...

What do I need for this trailer?

I bought a 1997 Mallard 24' travel trailer. GAWR all axles is 2695 lbs. Can anyone give me insight as to what size truck/specs I need? I see brake discs on the wheels of the dual axle trailer. Is a 3/4 ton 4wd truck enough? I would think a tow packag...

9K Coleman AC and Yami 2k

We have been on about 6 trips in our new TC so far and for the first time this week got into a little heat that was uncomfortable for the Wife. We were just looking for an hour or so to cool down a bit during the heat of the day. I specifically got t...

Area13 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane Tanks Expired

One of my 30lb tanks was near empty and when I tried to fill it the guy said it was 1 year expired. How difficult is it to get re-certified? How long does it take?I'm thinking about just going around to different stations until someone fills it as is...

boosTT by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Uneven ground

What are you all doing (if anything at all) when you're camping in your TC off the truck and the ground isn't level?leveling the camper with the jacks is one thing but since the bases of the jacks on the attwoods are rigid, force seems to be put on t...

new tt, a/c too small, refrigerator question

So about 3 weeks ago I bought a Dutchman Aspen Trail 18rb. 2 problems i have with it. The A/C is only 8,000 btu window unit, the other is the fridge.So here is Texas with the temps running about 95 to 98 this weekend, during the day the A/C will only...

returnee needs advice

I have been away from truck campers for about three years, I have found the truck it is a 2007 G M C dually duramax 4x4 leather seats it has every thing I thought I was missing , seems the 5.9 dodge dually 4x4 with a six speed manual is su...

8800 mile trip to Yellowstone, et al.

We got back last Sunday, July 29th from a near 2 month 8800 mile trip to Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP, plus 5 other national parks, monuments or battlefields. We also visited museums in two different cities, and the Black Hills.All in all a very g...

Atlee by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Engine light on day after filling DEF tank

I want to say something like this happened on my '15 6.7, and I hope it's the same thing.Filled up DEF tank w/ 5 gallons (gauge read just above 1/4). Drove it home ( several miles) after a couple errands. No problem. Drive it to work (12 miles), no p...

ACZL by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes