Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Equalizing pressure on camper jacks

I have Happijac electric jacks on my NL 9'6" QSE.Question... when I raise the camper off my truck bed, how might I ensure each leg is carrying its fair share of the camper weight?On several occasions, I've raised the camper only to find one leg *off ...

Are F150's still popular?

Well, I have to admit, I took this pic a year or so ago, but forgot all about it..Just a random weekend at a Wa State Park (Steamboat Rock) and I saw that there were 3 of us in a row with F150's parked..Did not know or have a chance to talk to any of...

MitchF150 by Explorer III
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Parking TT on sloped driveway

My driveway has a slope left to right due to the height we have to build now in southern Louisiana. I believe it's a 24" slope across 20'. It's fairly significant in terms of long term storage I believe. Is there anything I should do when storing it?...

jrdbrn by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Patch Wall Seems

Hey Everyone I'm working on a old Travel Trailer that had some rotten wood and for the sake of saving me some labor intensive work I'm hoping I can patch the holes in my walls verses replacing whole panels. I plan on painting over the patches and am ...

Scissor step latch

I wanted a way to keep my permanently-mounted scissor steps up out of the way of my motorcycle trailer tongue while traveling.I came up with this solution:The rubber stopper bumpers keep the steps from damaging the camper.

Capri cowboy camper tie down

I noticed that one option on this camper was small doors that allow you to tie your camper to the tie hooks in the factory installed bed of your truck . What are your thoughts ? They are light weight campers.

Thought you guys might find this interesting!

Hey all! Thought I’d share something with you all that I saw on our last outing a few weekends ago. My girlfriend and I along with another couple took a trip down to Baltimore together with our camper. The real purpose of the weekend was to go skydiv...

Towing on a hot day

Does the outside temperature matter that much when towing? Leaving on Wednesday for the mountains and it's supposed to be 97 and humid.

GOOD SAM vs. AAA Road Side Assistance

We used to have Good Sam (3yr.) road side asst. coverage, but after my wife had a tire blowout on our smaller dump trailer I decided they were good for nothing and didn't renew.Now I am thinking about getting coverage again and wonder what other memb...

wowchad by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding toolboxes to the sides

I've seen a number of builds with toolboxes on the side of the truck. I want to buy a of F250 or F350 with a 7.3 and a camper of a similar age. What would be the best way to go about that? Look for a work truck to buy, buy new bed, flatbed or one wit...

buylow12 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes