Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

?replace broken glass in framed crank-out window?

I have an "older" travel trailer (2001 Layton 250LT)Ice falling off power lines as I drove down the highway broke the bottom part of the front window, the part that has a frame, and it cranks out.Before I try to take it all apart and find out I've wa...

jomarex by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Arctic Fox 29L

I am looking at a used Arctic Fox 29L for full-timing this summer on an extended trip (Wisconsin to Arizona, up through California, Oregon, Washington, back by way of Montana and Wyoming). I will pulling my rig with a 2017 F250 diesel. I plan on in...

HappiJac tiedown

Would anyone be able to tell me if the HappiJac tiedown in my 2007 Dodge would fit the 2018 Dodge or would I have to buy a new one.

Gary3 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cleaning the outside

I just aquired a 1990 T170 Star Ray. My question is whats the best way to clean green stains off of the outside. It was sitting amongst the trees and it's pretty nasty. Is there a good 'homemade solution" to use?My first camper.Dan

How many miles are on your Tow Vehicle??

Just curious how many miles y’all have racked up on your tow vehicle and what kind it is? Need some reassurance on my 01’ Silverado 1500 266,650 Miles on her original drive train and still pulling my trailer like a champ!

Manufactures tow guides

HELP, I'm confused on these charts, what are the dashes for in their table? I'm trying to figure what my F250 can haul as far as a 5th wheel but there are dashes without explanation.Does anyone know?

BRP by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Set Up Issues

I recently purchased a 1994 Dutchman Pop Up. When setting up the back bed, there are two black legs on the bottom of the camper that I’m supposed to let down - sort of like jacks. But I can’t seem to get them to go down. I’ve tried pushing them ba...

Lippert Correct Track System

I’ve got a 2017 Keystone Outback 325BH that has the factory installed Correct Track system. Going into the dealer next month for the PA annual inspection and some minor warranty issues. Should I ask for any adjustments or alignments to the suspension...

Mikesr by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Torklift GlowStep Revolution for Travel Trailer

Hi,We are looking at an entry step upgrade.See here on our current steps. These have 8" wide by 24" long treads at 9 1/4" rise. They are not as bad as some of the newer fold in steps, but we are looking for something that we can step up and down a ...

JBarca by Nomad II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Kitchen Water Pump issue!

I bought 2005 Fourwinds TT 25'...I did not check the pressure from water pump (only) since it was connected to city water. I too have been running from city (good pressure) so now that I went camping I noticed the Kitchen does not have pressure like ...

aztecaa by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer brake locked up

A couple weeks ago we were headed home from a camping trip and coming to a stop i noticed a long skid mark when i looked in my side mirror. I thought to myself, wow someone stopped fast! The guy next to me got my attention and told me that one of my...

todde278 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip Report: The Wild, Wild West

The first part of this trip report is probably going to be a little odd. The trip started out a little different than most of ours, but BEAR (pun) with me, it will return to a more traditional format soon enough. The boss and I had a couple of weeks ...

NRALIFR by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Ol'e Black Betty is in the shop

Our 2010 F350 dually is in the shop for some preventative engine maintenance. The 6.4L Powerstroke engine while running very strong and smooth with 187,000 km's on it been making the troubling thumping sound through the airbox. The engine has never ...

gitane59 by Explorer III
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes