Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Transmission Service?

I have a 2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 2WD with 3.73 rear. 32K miles with 20K of that towing a 6K (loaded) TT. I carefully monitor trans temps when towing and it runs in the 145 to 170 degree range almost all the time. I tow at 60 MPH in tow/haul with 6th g...

oldcat1 by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

GM 6.2L Gas Engine for pulling?

Starting to look at a new truck for 2019. I have been pulling with a Duramax, but now looking to maybe go with a gas engine next time around. The reason is based low pulling mileage and trailer weight. It looks like the 6.2 is going to be GM's only ...

Bowti by Explorer
  • 55 replies
  • 0 likes

Importing from Canada

We finally identified the travel trailer we want. The problem is that we want a 2016 or 2017 model and no local dealers have one and want to sell us a 2018 model. I found 2 however one is 12 hours away and the other is 4 hours away but in Canada. I l...

homedad by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

I would like to have a warmer TC floor... any ideas?

I am old, my feet get cold... easy.I’d like to add some “insulation” between the bottom of my TC and the truck bed.My truck bed has a Linex coatingWould one of those rubber Matt’s work? Would it rust out the bed?Or should I frame and styrofoam a 1” o...

sleepy by Explorer
  • 63 replies
  • 0 likes

Decals

It seems most RV manufacturers tell you not to wax decals. I have seen an apparent new product called Graphix Wax. Has anyone tried this product. I am on my 7th and hopefully last 5th wheel/trailer and I have had trouble with decals on most of them...

rwess by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Summer Journey Crossing Alaska, part 17

2015 Summer JourneyAlaskan Crossing, part 17Old Denali Road #8July 16, 2015 Morning brought with it a chill in the air, inside the camper was a cool 50 degrees. I ducked out for my morning photos as I most usually do; it was indeed a beautiful mornin...

Tear drop suspension

Hi All,New trailer owners here with some questions. We recently purchased a Hunter Fat Shadow tear drop trailer. On our first real trip it was obvious the contents of the galley had a rough ride. This was especially concerning because we were on much...

madlabs by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Any here know injection pumps?

So im buying a 15 duramax with 119k on the clock and im concerned about the injection pump being a cp4...im not sure but the sticker on the door says 11/4 so im asumming this is the build date or there another way to find it ? if im right it does not...

I built a generator tent

Years ago I had a Desert Fox toy hauler. (2003-2009)A few times I camped, it rained. I wasn't too keen on placing the generator under the rig to keep it out of the rain due to the carbon monoxide issue, but I did it a few times.My solution was to b...

Durango RT and its rear load levelling suspension

Thinking about making the change from a Class A back to a travel trailer, and getting out of my dinghy vehicle Ford Focus and into a new Dodge Durango RT with the trailer tow package and requisite load levelling suspension.Anyone out there towing wit...