Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tongue weight

Question for the experts....If you have two enclosed trailers, the SAME size 6x12.single axle, and the other tandem axle, loaded with the SAME load.....Which trailer would have the LESS tongue weight?I understand that a Tandem can carry more weight,...

Diesel Mechanic

Just bought a 06 Ford with 6.0 SD. I live in the flordia Keys and there are no diesel services down here. The nearest city is Homestead which is still small, or Miami big city. Any help with how i go about finding a good mechanic who knows diesels? I...

Licreek by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

looking to purchase first TT

I just bought a 2003 Chevy Tahoe with quite a lot of miles,130,000, (due to need for paying cash). I got it so I can finally finance a travel trailer. Have been looking at TTs under 27 feet long. The Tahoe can tow up to 8000 lbs., but since its fairl...

Older well built or newer TT

If you had a choice of buying an older well built TT (Artic Fox, Lance etc...) or a newer (not new) TT with less quality for the same price what would you buy?I'm getting ready to buy a "newer" TT (the one I have is 31 YO)and I'm dismayed at some of ...

Picked Up New Coachmen Today

Ordered it ten weeks ago, was supposed to be here in six to seven. 2018 Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS. Only had one issue at PDI, a tail light that needed caulking (this dealer does a very thorough inspection before the customer ever sees the unit),...

drsteve by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Sway bars

Who has added sway bars to their pickup? I'm thinking of adding some to mine. Not sure if I should do front and back, or one or the other. Also, did it help keep the pickup more planted when towing in side winds? My setup does well but I came across ...

Chevy Auxillery Battery

I have always been curious about the auxiliary battery that is in my 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. According to the manual, this battery is for if using a truck camper? That would lead me to believe that if I am not using a truck camper, I dont nee...

Insulating Around Residential Fridge

We're thinking of going to to a residential fridge. The installation specs on a couple that I have looked at specify a spacing requirement on both the sides and rear. However I have seen several installs where insulation has been put between the side...

tonneau covers

I'm looking for information on tonneau covers. What are the pros and cons of the rollup type compared to the foldup type? Like do they leak or rattle while driving.Thanks and Happy Camping

3ares by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes