Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Missing parts to awning

We bought our Coleman last week. He said he had a problem with water collapsing the awning but he fixed it. Tried to put up the awning today and find a problem. When he had the awning fixed he removed the end piece that the poles fit into. Instea...

Smelly bathroom !

For some reason my bathroom has a smell this year. Never had a problem before this. Toilet seal holds water just fine. Toilet seems tight to the floor. It's a Dometic 300 plastic toilet. Haven't checked the roof vent yet but will today. Any one have ...

squirt

howdy. Got a dinky cut/slice in galley kitchen spout which squirts when faucet opened. it's original equipment so it's a plastic tupe. How to fix? Dealer sez to order entire unit is $35.00. I suggested silicone caulking. Dealer said temporary fix msy...

nephi007 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Ice House

This last week in South Dakota, we camped across the road from a family that had an "Ice House" travel trailer. The unit was mysteriously awesome! I'd never seen anything like it before.Evidently, they are quite common in the Northern States, specifi...

A BIG thank you

A big thank you to those of you giving advice on AC running situations. We're camping in 90d weather. We were running the AC on low for over 24 hours. Later in the day we were getting very little from the fan. Under most circumstances I would have we...

Patched tire

Picked up a nail on our last outing. The TPMS didn't show anything and I did not notice that the tire was flat until after being home for 3 days. Slow leak, I guess. I got the tire patched and will use as a spare. I bought a new tire and rim to repla...

Is there a story behind this accident?

This accident happened after the 4th of July on I91 in CT. What happened? Is everyone OK? Any lessons that need to be shared with others?http://wtnh.com/2017/07/07/car-accident-closes-part-of-both-sides-of-i-91-in-hartford/https://goo.gl/qjRYiW

Kitchen Faucet Replacement

On our week long camping trip at the beach last week, the kitchen faucet started leaking profusely where it connected to the base whenever water was on. I could stop the flow by pushing down on it which required a hot pad when filling the sink with ...

A C wasp screen

Does anyone manufacture a wasp screen to cover the vents on roof mounted air conditioners? If not, it seems like it would be easy enough for someone out there to manufacture one. I would like something like a flap on a miniblind that could be opened ...

Heki 2 Skylight Latches

Thought that I would post this in case anyone is looking for latches for their Heki 2 skylight. I wanted a spare set to ease my Heki-induced paranoia and found them at Dyers RV (link below). They are very nice to deal with and had the latch set in ...

Dewclaw by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Are there travel trailers built to full time in?

I thought I knew the answer to this till I started really thinking about it. As far as I know, there are no designations for trailers that are built to full time in (Park models not withstanding). Aside from the better built trailers (Airstream, Lanc...

Fleetwood Elkhorn Construction

I am looking at buying a 2003 Fleetwood Elkhorn 9D. Are these wood frame construction or aluminum? Can't find much info on the Elkhorn campers. Any info I can get on it would be appreciated.Steve

What is the lightest Double Slide out Truck Camper?

I'm not brand loyal yet my truck is a '97 3500 Ram Dually, 4x4, 5 speed manual with a cummins diesel.& my next TC must have slide outs or I'll consider a trailer?Seems a triple slide is not an option due to weight?So now I'm on a search for a double ...

Blanco1 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

rv spare tire mount

I’m looking for more storage space and was thinking about moving the spare tire from its storage place in the basement and mounting it under the front of the fifth wheel. Has anyone tried this or have suggestions?Thanks and Happy Camping

3ares by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sunlite Camper Dump Valve

FYI the 3" dump valve is labeled Dorset. It is located at the rear on the right side. Works OK. It is the plate against the camper siding that is UGLY and cracked. I suppose it is just a closure plate. I want to replace it. Looks like I would need to...