Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Front of travel trailer question

Kind of a strange question perhaps. Newbie with travel trailers, coming from pop-ups years ago.Purchased a used 2011 Keystone Passport Ultralight. We took it on our inaugural trip this weekend. My question is regarding the front of the travel traile...

macminn by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Sumo SuperSprings, worth the investment?

Hello -Second time poster here. We are planning for a long road trip with out new TT. I am using a '03 Suburban, pulling a 32' TT that weighs approx 6200 lbs loaded.I have a Curt Sway Control and Weight Distribution hitch installed and as adjusted ...

Towing Capacity

We just purchased a new 2017 Forest River Salem Hemisphere 299 RE. Dry weight=7,439 lbs, hitch weight=730 lbs.We own a 2013 Ford F-150 XLT 1/2 ton with a towing capacity of 8,000 lbs and a 3:31 rear axle.Do we need to move up to up a 3/4 ton with a t...

ike1450 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Any way to lower a '14 Ram 3500?

Hi there,Well, we just took possession of a townhouse and would't ya' know it....our '14 Ram 3500 is about an inch too tall to get into the garage I do remember when test driving it I asked the salesman why the newer trucks are so flipping tall? He ...

Mike_E_ by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Michigan Trip

DW and I are headed to Michigan August 18- September 10. What places fall in the "don't miss" category? AND does anything shut down after Labor Day? Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Anmacc2 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

weld broken on the slide - common??

We seem to have a broken weld on our slide. This is a 2005 Host Rainier 9.5 I want to know how common it is for a weld in the slide to break from "normal wear and tear".We found a crack coming from the slideout opening earlier this spring... and I ...

Suprised at F250 payload

At the dealership getting a service and looked at several new F250 trucks. Highest payload of those I looked at was 2168- suprised as this is only 300 pound more than my F150, but this seems to be the go to truck in campgrounds, normally with huge f...

Mammoth and extended hitch

I am trying to configure my (yet to be purchased) rig.Long bed 4x4 Dodge dually and Host Mammoth.Looking at extended Hitch bars from etrailer, there is a 3 footer that I like. My question is this: is it long enough? The camper sticks out over 3 feet ...

Flashman by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternatives to Lance 2185 Travel Trailer

Hi - I'm looking for suggestions travel trailer brands/models with bunks as alternatives to a Lance 2185 bunkhouse which I'm replacing due to water damage after about 1 year ownership.My wants:1. under 30' (preferably under 26', as we camp mostly in...

New Trailer Recommendation

Our current fifth-wheel is starting to show a little age, and our family is growing out of it as our "everyday" rig. So we're looking to use it as a long-term/semi-permanent rig at some places we like visiting, and buying a new rig for our primary c...

WTP-GC by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Seeking refrigerator advice!

We have a 2007 Jayco 25z featherlite camper with a fridge that runs on gas or electric. The past couple of times I've used the trailer the unit just does not want to get to temp. The freezer has gotten down to 30 over night and the fridge has gotten ...

Why did you buy a Ford over a Dodge?

Why did you purchase a Ford? The wife and I have been looking at new 2017 Ford, Dodge and GMC dually diesels. It seems that a lot of people on the forums and others in general say, get the Dodge. I guess because of the Cummins engine and the upgrad...

Chuck___ by Explorer
  • 100 replies
  • 0 likes

Fantastic Fan Rain Sensor NG

Hi, I have had this FF with the thermostat and rain sensor for about 7 years, It worked great, I left it on all the time in summer even when when its parked in driveway . Now the it stays open in the rain so I just leave it closed. Anybody know if I ...

mattyj by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes