Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Towing Capacity

My Wife and I are in search of a Travel Trailer. We have been looking at a couple different ones, but I am worried about the ability of my trucking pulling these travel trailers. I have done research about my truck and how much I believe it could pul...

Question for the ecoboost owners..

I have looked on Ford's website at ecoboost trucks. I see that there are a number of options for the engine (and transmission). Can the regular ecoboost tow a travel trailer or does a body need the high end ecoboost? What's the real world options ...

towing thru Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming

I,m towing a 29 ft travel trailer with my 2013 silverado 1500----going west from Rapid City to Yellowstone.I.ve read hwy 16 thru the Big Horn mts is easier then hwy 14----but I,m still wondering if its too much for my truck---been towing for 4 yrs bu...

jrdgc by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Archoil use

So I just bought a Ford with 6.0 OOPS. Well it runs great right now and its an 06 with 125k on it. Couple question s. If I take it to a diesel guy can he look to see if head bolts have been changed? I ordered Archoi. I read you can use Archoil in the...

Licreek by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

1993 Dodge Cummins potential purchase

My 90 year old uncle has a 93 Dodge Cummins 2 wheel drive club cab with an automatic. He bought it new.I may have a chance to buy it. It has under 100k on it and have has maintained it well. The last 5 years or so it has not been driven much.He has s...

Dodge Ram 6.4 Heavy duty V-8 gas

Says premium gas is recommended?..What is the downside if regular gas is used?Some folks are telling me nothing other than a slight decrease in power?..Ram dealers in my neck of the woods are selling 2500 Ram quad cab 4x4 for $38K.....I sure could us...

New 2017 Lance 825

Greetings. Just got a 2017 Lance 825 to replace the Adventurer 89RB we had. Its quite a bit lighter and more off-road friendly being narrower and shorter in height. Of course you give up some amenities for the smaller size, one propane tank, one bat...

Shelves

I have a Palomino pop up truck camper. I'm looking for a place to purchase some small shelves or baskets that I can screw underneath my existing cabinets. The won't need to support much weight as I would us them to store very lite weight items. Thank...

schl44 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Any details on Ford's new HD class gas engine?

I am casually shopping my next truck ( prob get an '18) and am curious if there are any more details out about Ford's next big gas HD line engine. I really really don't want another diesel ( have an '08 CTD ) - but I will eventualy (hopefully) nee...

Txsurfer by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Question for Host owners

Anyone else have only 2 bolts holding their toilet down? My wife noticed a leak on our last trip. When I wiped it up and took a closer look I noticed only 2 of 4 bolts holding the toilet down. I put a toothpick in the 2 open holes and it felt like a ...

Last shot at a TC...

I *think* I've decided on a 25 foot travel trailer but went to my favorite (national park) campground this weekend and found out they have an 18 foot limit on trailers. So now I'm just (one more time) ruling out a TC option.I have a 2017 RAM 3500 Meg...

Weird Tire Issue

I experienced a very weird tire problem on my Ram dually (at least, weird in my opinion). A couple of days ago when pulling an unloaded dual-tandem gooseneck trailer, all was well...until stopping to get fuel. Immediately after getting back on the ...

WTP-GC by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes