Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best tire for driving Alaskan Highway

I have a 2015 F-150 with a Northstar Vista camper (1,500 loaded) and would like to know what your opinions are for the best tire to have for driving from Texas to Alaska. Your input will be appreciated!

OK stupid question

Ok here is my question. I just purchased a husky round bar WDH with sway control. I haven't really had a chance to read about it yet, but when you hook up the bars, do the chains have to be tight or have some give in them? I know this is kinda stup...

w8lpn by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Necessities for a new Travel Trailer

We just bought our first RV (2017 MPG 2800QB)and I am trying to figure out what are the necessary items that I need to purchase. We are picking up tomorrow and finalizing the paperwork and want to be prepared so I am not sold a bunch of items I don'...

Safe weight for 2016 Silverado 2500

We are looking to upgrade from a 23 foot TT to a smallish 5th wheel. We bought a new 3/4 ton truck as part of the migration and are looking at used units. What is the best way to determine if the truck can pull the 5th wheel? I don't want to push any...

NEWBIE-SWAY CONTROL

My wife and I are planning to begin fulltiming within the next two months, We plan to pull a Grand Design 2500RL gvrw of 7500#'s with a 2014 Ford Expedition 4x4 Limited with their heavy duty tow package. My original research led me to the Equalizer...

Lance 825 or 865?

We're gonna make a choice between these 2 TCs in the next 24 hours, the dealer has both. We like both but I think we like the 825 a little better...maybe.I guess I'm a little OCD.The 825 has a little more countertop space and the walkway seems a bit ...

Trouble with a Titan XD

This is the worst review that I have seen so far on the Titan diesel. I hope that it is an isolated case:http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-nissan-titan-xd-long-term-test-review

Groover by Explorer II
  • 73 replies
  • 0 likes

Outrigger removal ??

I have a Dodge pickup with a 8. 6 foot slide in camper. It has Atwood electric jacks with plug in electrical wiring. They are pretty easy to remove and weigh 35 lbs each. The rear one are a little in the way when I pull my 8 by 10 snow go trailer w...

New lawsuit against Cummins/FCA

A class action suit has been filed against FCA/Cummins over diesel engines in the 2500/3500's. TFLTruck, this link explains better Filed July 3rd. Looks like the reflash kills fuel mileage.

CL Torklifts, Will they work for my F250

I picked up a 2016 F250 CC SB and before buying a new set, I have been trolling CL to see if any used ones are hanging around. Would anyone happen to recognize these and know if they are a fit for my truck. I did send the seller a note asking for t...

n0m4d by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

fridge coolig fan noisy

We are on our first trip with our new host mammoth and loving it adjusting to the downsize from the 35 foot trailer.We are finding that the cooling fan for the fridge is pretty noisy and in the hot weather we are in it runs a lot. I don't think there...

Camper / Bed Alignment Products - Do they exist?

The last couple of trips I have taken I've noticed that my camper tends to shift to the side just an inch or two. Though not typically a problem, if the alignbment gets too far out, it can cause issues with the rear doors hitting the front jacks when...

adamis by Nomad II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching light electric to heavy electric setting

2014 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins. So far I am unable to get the controller to stay in the heavy electric setting, it quickly jumps back to the light electric setting. I wonder if any of you have experienced that or have any ideas what it could be?Regards

labren by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire problem

I have a 2015 Coachman TT and I "accidentally" found a problem with one of my tires. I will pay a lot more attention to them now. I always keep them at 50lbs and the TT is stored under a carport and shielded from the weather when not in use. I dis...