Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bearing repack question

Hey guys,I have a double axle 26 foot camper. Today I removed cleaned and repacked the bearings (on side of my camper). I didn't put a ton of grease in and around everything, but I was careful make sure both bearings were properly coated. My questio...

Deano_1 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Weight Distribution, Trailer Weight and MPG

I'm trying to figure something out. This past weekend, we went camping. A 400 mile round trip. I averaged 7.8 mpg going to the campground and 6.7 mpg coming home. The difference in mpg is easily explained by a head/tail wind, terrain etc. The trip wa...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

AC tripping in extreme heat...need suggestions!

Ok, I'm new to this forum and usually don't need to ask for this type of help as I have a good group of people that have been trailering for many years and are good at answering my questions. I'm at a loss and wanted to see if anyone on here had some...

bren0035 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford F250 Gas with Northern Lite 8-11

There seemed to be some frustration in getting an answer on another thread about how the 2017 F250 gas hauls a camper weighing about 2,600 pounds. I can tell you that we've been hauling our new NL all over the Yellowstone region for the past two mon...

Comments re Ford F250 Platinum

Good day and happy holiday,We are contemplating purchasing a 2015 F 250 super duty platinum pick up truck as our tow vehicle. We have a sunnybrook sunset creek approx 10,000 gvwr.We would like to hear comments from owners of the 2015 f 250 super dut...

2015 Chevy 2500HD/1996 Lance 8000?

Hello - Looking for some info/guidance on the combination of my 2015 Chevy 2500HD with a 1996 Lance 8000 Ext. Cab. The truck weighs roughly 6750# and from what I can tell, the Lance weighs approximately 2400# (AC unit has been removed or else would...

Newbie plumbing questions

We bought a used 2011 Keystone Passport travel trailer. Have it all cleaned up, getting it ready for the road. This forum has helped a lot! The previous owners had winterized with rv antifreeze. I Took the plug out to drain the water heater. Wante...

macminn by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

RV dreams

Hello All! I have been lurking the site for a long time now. The wife is wanting to purchase a TT in the next 2 years. I would like to purchase sooner but when the time comes, it comes. It will be the Wife, 2 girls (9 & 13) and myself. We are having ...

Shasta Trailer

Hey all,First post here. I'm looking at a newer Shasta travel trailer. It seems to be in very good condition, but a couple of questions. There seems to be some soft flooring in the front storage area, just a few inches in from the outer wall. Als...

Water Availability - tools you can use

Okay, so we ALL know about the "water thief.And we all carry a freshwater hose so we can fill up when we get a chance. Right?I have a suggestion for one more item that can open up your ability to get fresh water.Lots of businesses have "Zurn" type wa...

Load leveler hitch issue

I have a Husky round bar set up that I've used for 6 years. On rare occasions a bar will pop off on a sharp turn. Just returned from a 900 mile trip and one bar only popped off 4 times. When I unhook from the trailer the bars seem to have a bit...

Which truck would you choose

Needing some advice and not wanting to start WWIII. I have narrowed down my choice of trucks. One is a 2006 f250 with 6.0. it has been gone through and bullet proofed at 227,000 and now has 236,000. No tuner and has never been used a tow vehicle. Tra...