Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Am I Calculating This Correctly?? Silverado 1500

First post so please be gentle... I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 with a 5.3L V8 and the 3.42 gear box. Full crew cab, short bed and 2WD. The dealership I bought it from said the following:Vehicle Weight: 4,700 lbsTowing Capacity: 9,400 lbsGCWR: 1...

Picking a bunkhouse TT: outside size versus inside

My wife and I are in the process of selling our Class C and want to go back to a Travel Trailer. Our prior TT was an Airstream Bambi 19 (before the Class C) but with only one bed, we outgrew the trailer. Our tow vehicle is a Ford F-150 with the tow...

platbr by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

2006 Lance 1055

Hi all, since I got my 2006 F350 ,sooner or later Im gonna get a bigger camper . the Lance 1055 looks real nice with a dry bath ,non slide, Im just wondering about the weight, any input? Thanks, Lou

mattyj by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge issues

Got a quick question on a fridge issue. It won't fire upon gas. I ran the furnace for awhile to get gas flowing and I can hear the valve opening but I never hear the clicking of the igniter. Seems to work just fine on electric. First time I've gotten...

troy_t by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone own a Shadow Cruiser?

I bought a Shadow Cruiser Truck camper a few months ago. It didn't come with a manual. I have searched and searched for information on my camper and have found none. "Shadow Cruiser" no longer makes a truck camper, and the company that bought them...

Exhaust vent leaking

So I have a leak behind my stove the counter top is starting to bubble up behind the stove. I've checked the roof all appears to be good there, however under the exaught vent cover on the outside of the TT is having some bubbling under where each scr...

Diesel Exhaust Brake

Hey All,Looking at stepping up to a new truck and a diesel for the first time. I am looking for guidance on exhaust brakes and any differences between GM, Ford and Dodge?Thanks in advance!

Possible solution to wood rot

The constant enemy of campers is water and the resulting wood rot. I've read here of people having water damage to their campers even when it is only a few years old. Even though many manufacturers use aluminum framing now, a great deal of the intern...

Freep by Explorer
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

Bike rack

We just bought a used 2001 Coleman tent trailer. It came with the factory installed roof rack (Yakima). The wife and I are looking at taking a couple of 9.5 foot kayaks and a couple of mountain bikes. We have no ac. Anybody know what the weight li...

Buying a truck camper in Canada for use in the US

Hello all, again -I contacted a Northern Lite dealer located near the factory in BC to ask what their price would be on a Northern Lite Camper. On the surface of things, the price looked pretty attractive.Now, I'm wondering what would be required to...

Help us pick!!

My husband and I have two girls, ages 13 and 6. We currently have a 1990 Coleman Chesapeake popup, that we bought in 2010. We're in New England and camp 2 or 3 times a summer. The canvass on the pop up has seen way better days, the roof is getting s...

Correct Truck

I am looking to purchase a Grand Design Momentum TH 376th. The GVWR is 20,000lbs. The truck I am looking to use for this is the 2017 F350 dually with the diesel. Do have enough truck once loaded with golf cart and necessary camping essentials?

dixonce by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

2012 Ram 5.7 HEMI Oil?

My brother is using this truck to tow his 8,000# camper. It's used almost exclusively for towing to local campgrounds of about 25 miles away being the furthest.We are starting to get into doing our own oil changes and were wondering what we should u...