Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Power only on shore power

Hey everyone,We went camping last week (connected to shore power) towed the camper home and when I tried run the run the electric hitch, I discovered it would only run when connected to the electric at the house. The lights, awning and slide would al...

Deano_1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

2018 GM/International truck

Read some rumors about a new 208 GM/IH medium duty truck. This is the first picture I've seen. Be interesting to see what the full power train options will be and if this truck will be of interest to those towing RVs. 2018 Medium duty GM/Internationa...

Lessmore by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Torklift SuperHitch/SuperTruss

I have a 2008 Dodge with factory tow package. My truck camper hangs over the edge by about 26 inches. I am currently extending the hitch with an 18 inch extension. I want to extend out farther, about 36 inches. Do I need both the super hitch and ...

Tizi by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find leak

I apparently developed a leak. The floor in the bunk room near the window has a very noticeable soft spot that seems to be getting worse. It is obviously a leak but can't find where it is coming from. I have noticed some slight delamination on the...

Travel Queen Specs

This is my first post, so let me start off by saying I'm at the very beginning stages of any kind of RVing. My wife and kids and I enjoy camping, but have only ever tent camped. Unfortunately, that's pretty much a fair weather activity and we've begu...

back up camera power supply

I have one more project i would like to do.That's a wireless back up camera attached to the roof rack. I would like to get my 12V power somewhere other than a marker light. Some people with solar run the wires down the refrigerator roof vent and i pl...

GULFMAN by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator size for a 15,000 btu a/c question

im sure this has been asked a million times but here goes. my wife and i are picking up our new wildwood travel trailer this coming saturday. it has a 15,000 btu a/c what is the best size generator to run the a/c as well as lights and smaller ...

sgfrye by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Different truck, okay without upper overloads?

I'm getting rid of my 2005 F350 diesel for an older 2000 F350 V10 truck for a little bit. I wont have a payment, so I can get momma a new car. For some reason this truck does not have the upper overloads. I thought all F350s had them. Weird. On this ...

pcoplin by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery (DC) to Shore Power Wiring

Hi. First time post. Nice to meet you all.My wife and I just bought a 1965 Shasta Compact travel trailer. The trailer is already wired for shore power (AC) and that system is working fine. When we plug in from the house we can power the trailer. At t...

jnagy20 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Install locking gravity water inlet (Video)

Hello fellow campers. I replaced the gravity water inlet on our trailer with one that locks and thought I'd share the process. I wasn't too fond of having to cut a bigger hole in our trailer, but it ended up not being that big a deal and I'm happy wi...

raden13 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Real Weights

When guys and gals are looking at purchasing a TT,they look at the brochure . But to get an idea of reality, our brochure weight dry was 4100#, the factory out the door sticker was 4600# dry ,when I ran it over the scale,fully loaded for an across Ca...

Weird hot water (lack of) issue, please help!

Hello, I am new and looking for some help. I have only had my trailer for about 9 months and I winterized it myself. I dewinterized it and now I am having a problem. The hot water tank is working, when I pull the pressure relief valve hot water co...

CYCBrock by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Increased payload

I know that modifications don't legally change any of the vehicle's official ratings or capacities, but what would be the real-world payload difference in switching stock Excursion rear springs with F250 springs? The F250 springs are rated at 3,000 l...

Hemling by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

replacing water faucet

I have a 2005 Bigfoot. It came with a twin plastic sink and plastic water faucet. The water faucet has been always hard to turn.Got to thinking about just going to Lowes and getting a nice replacement.So i got a flashlight and looked up under the cou...

GULFMAN by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes