Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Would a carrier on front of truck like this work?

Providing the truck has an acceptable payload capacity, would a front carrier like this work okay? And wouldn't it help to get more weight back onto the steer axle anyway?I've been wondering for quite a while, I have a small vintage car that I would...

Leaking Slides

Just returned from 2 week maiden voyage of our Coachman Freedom Express . Second night out it rained hard during the night. Everything was dry until we pulled the slides in and moisture and water was noted on the floor. No more rain until today. ...

New to TC

Newbie here .....After many years of family camping it just down to me an the wife. So we decided to sell the 33 foot pull behind an picked up a 93 sunlite popup. Want to permanently mount it in my 86 D250. With no external tie-downs. Also thinking o...

Butcher- by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What can I tow with a full ton SRW?

In a litany of other threads I had been pursuing a full ton DRW to handle a TC and maybe down the road a fifth wheel or large TT. But as I've been properly educated by the forum and other reading, it's becoming apparent that a big long bed Dually is ...

50 amp question

I had a situation at an RV park the other day and I need some help to understand what happened. Of course, this happened late at night.My surge protector showed low voltage (108 volts) on one of the incoming legs of the park's 50 amp service (the oth...

pawpaw47 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Taking the camper off the truck

If there is 1 thing about owning a truck camper that intimidates me (even after 3+ years), is taking the thing off the truck. Those camper legs can support 2000 Lbs each (which means 1 leg can support our entire camper as that is the camper's weight...

jornvango by Explorer II
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with a New Camper

We took our new Gulf Stream Ameri Lite out for the first time a couple of weeks ago and ran into a fairly serious issue. The first day we had beautiful weather, but day two saw it rain all day long. That night we noted that water was leaking in, a...

Frankly by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Television Mount

Hi all, We have a Jayco 184 BH trailer. I am wondering if the wall near the ant. cable output would support the mount that Camping world sells that allows you to move the mount. It comes with two mounts. I was thinking of mounting both mounts on oppo...

colatech by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

has anybody tried these products before

Thinking of getting the these two products and was wondering if anyone has any comments on them.One is the wifi ranger for better wifi pick up http://wifiranger.comAnd there other is propane tank monitor system .http://mopeka.com/products/Thanks

diver57 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Forest River Vibe battery lock?

Has anyone figured out a way to put a lock on the battery of a Vibe travel trailer? The battery sits on a bracket that's just barely large enough for the battery. There's not even room for a battery box. I'd like to find a way to lock the battery to...

A/C issues

I have a 99' Fleetwood Wilderness with a single rooftop a/c unit. I just purchased this camper 2 weeks ago (as-is). It's in great shape and we are very happy with it. To my question and troubleshooting. My heater works great with floor vents. My...

Fires happen quick , friend lost dogs and camper

I got a call this past weekend . Friend of mine had a fire . Lost his dogs , they went out the escape hatch . It was fully engulfed in less than 5 minutes . Check your escape hatch to see if it works . Camper was less than 3 years old . I dont thin...

Newbie towing recommendation

Looking to get the family into RV'ing. Here what I have:2013 Ford F-150 supercrew Cab 3.5L EcoBoost 3.55 gear ratio. And tow package from factory. GCWR 15500lbsGVWR 7200lbsTrailer SpringdaleLength 32'2"Dry Weight 6380lbsHitch 625lbs (assuming that m...

Laziebun by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes