Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Exension cords (mainly for fridge and cooking devices)

I searched but couldn't find quite the right answer. I'm sorry for all the questions, but as first timers, I guess it's expected. Couple of questions:1. Should I look for anything in particular to power the fridge (outside plug in the panel)? I know ...

crazyro by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

How to: AF Camper Skylight Replacement (w/pics)

Well, I finally found a few days to dedicate to my leaking Skylight - although it hasn't rained for a while so that’s good. For background see my previous post here: Link to postI want to thank all the campers who replied--it certainly helps formul...

mounting solar with screws.

has anybody ever had to remove a solar panel? The ones I bought use 4 Z brackets. a bolt comes though bottom of solar frame, than through Z bracket. once z bracket is mounted to roof, the only way to get panel off is to cut the seal and unscrew th...

towpro by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Jayco Hybrid 23B (X23B) and Weight

We are planning to purchase our first TT. First on our list is the Jayco 23B because of the floor plan and light weight. However, the GVWR for the TT is 4950 lb, which leaves only 700-800 lb of cargo weight. By the time you add some water, propane...

cwilly8 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New converter charger options?

We have WF-8955an converter charger in our new to us TT. What is a good replacement for it that includes 3-stage charging and "regulated" 12v output to lights- to protect 12v LEDs and such when the battery is charging at higher voltage?Although we do...

Slides- how far to retract?

On our NTU 2005 Cougar 304BHS, when we retract the slides, they come in level with the floor, then tip up just a bit at the limit.This lifts the floor of the slide a little.Question: Should I stop when the top stops, or continue until the slide limit...

Tahoe, Yukon, Expedition, or Armada to pull 32' TT

Hello all, newbie here.I just bought a Wildwood 27DBK TT (new layout for 2017) and am looking for an SUV to pull it. The trailer is about 32' long ball to bumper and 6400 lbs. dry. The wife wants an SUV with three rows of seats rather than a truck ...

Bench seat padding available Jayco X23B

We have a 2016 Jayco Featherlight trailer X23B and we recently switched out the padding for the bench seat. The other padding is available to anyone that wants it. We live in the Kansas City area.Bench seat padding available Jayco X23B

vanpell by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

First post, first TT, first of many stupid questions.

We have a 2007 Tahoe, 5.3L, 2D. Max Trailer WT of 6,500lbs per Chevy VIN site, 6,600 on my door sticker. New tires, new brakes, new bushings, checked over by our mechanic to make sure that it was safe to pull a trailer.We bought a lightly used 2014...

JMGNole by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheelbase and bed type for 4500/5500

Looking into 4500/5000 trucks and wanted to ask here what would be the better crew cab wheelbase and what type of body do most go with when going to this size truck ,I think the ram has either a 60 inch or 84 inch back of cab to rear wheel center al...

Another Newbe

Hi Everyone,I've been lurking for about 4 weeks and last week my wife & I pulled the trigger & purchased a Freedom Express 192RBS. Our TV is a 2003 Tundra, with an Equal-i-zer hitch. Although we have not loaded it up, the Tundra tows it quite well. I...

BC4277 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes