Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Future of the diesel?

Good article from Ward's Auto that gives a good global overview on the diesel market with interviews from big brand executives.Interesting commentary that electric powertrains are angling to replace the diesel as the preferred torque monsters for tow...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide out covers

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with the brand Side Out Kover III awnings. Was looking to purchase one for my slide out and this brand is approximately $100.00 higher then other brands. Wondering if it was worth the extra or if other brand...

SgtMark by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer Jack for Coachmen 192 RBS

The bottle jacks I have on hand will not reach high enough to a secure jacking point on our trailer frame. What do you recommend? Larger bottle jack? Andersen Rapid Jack? Other?Also, seems to be some discussion about the proper jacking point on our 1...

Tongue flexing / bending when weight put on it

I have a 2006 Thor 182dt (with a WD hitch).- I noticed a few years ago, when I walked back to the car from afar at a gas station, that the front of the frame was flexing and/or bending up when weighted on the ball. I have towed boats my whole life b...

Manual or automatic airbags for your truck?

Looking at getting some airbags for my 07.5 Chevy Duramax and wondering if I should get the manual fill or the system with guages and a compressor? Also I saw they now have a remote control or wireless fill system but it's $$$$. Hoping to hear som...

How fast did you get your Torklift stuff?

My new F350 is already waiting for me at the dealer and I am cleaning my old truck to drive over on Saturday. In the mean time I tried to order tie-downs. Having good experience with trailerplus, was ready to process online order, but called them to ...

Kayteg1 by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Studded 19.5 snow tires?

Good evening all! My 16" studded tired are almost done. I get nervous traveling around Alaska with the TC with the 235-85-16e tires. In the summer I run 265-70-19.5 on vision rims. Today I called a tire distributor in Anchorage and asked what ...

garryk6 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

wave 3 heater

HI I have a wave 3 heater in my northern -lite 10' 2 camper its sits near the doorit has only been used a few times . thought i would try it today as its a new camper.temp out side was 36 degrees turn it on high for a few hours and the pad seems to ...

diver57 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Ford going to be the SUV leader?

Wow just saw an article on the 2018 Ford Expedition. Here.That is insane!!! We had a 2000 Excursion with the V10. It was rated at 310hp and 425 torque. The new Expedition would sure put that to shame. Wish they would offer a heavy duty version like t...

shadows4 by Explorer III
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

replace vinyl floor

I have a tear in my vinyl floor.I would like to replace it myself.Is this a do it your self kind of job?Any special tools, knowledge or insights?Pitfalls things to watch out for?

mjmoch by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I Tow This Camper Safely?

Hi All,I have a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe with the factory tow package which is rated to tow up to 5000 pounds and I want to get the Coachman Apex Nano 193BHS camper with a GVWR of 4600 pounds. My question is will it be safe to tow this camper with this...

alloy89 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide out problem

I have a 2012 Adventurer with a happjzac slide out. Suddenly when it retracts the front of the slide does not close all the way. It goes out fine. When it tries to close there are no funny noises, all seems normal but at the top it sticks out about 2...