cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Budget Tie Downs

lonetow
Explorer
Explorer
I see a lot of truck campers now that we live in SW Colorado, just saw this at Walmart in Cortez:) [/img]
2006 Dodge Quad 2500/4X4/SWB/CTD/Auto
2013 Lance 825
Rancho 9000XLs Firestone Bags
2002 Jeep TJ Sahara Auto 6cyl
14 REPLIES 14

arto_wa
Explorer
Explorer
I am not too impressed by couple of the snobbish comments!
99 F350 4x4 CC DRW 7.3L PSD, 97 Bigfoot 2500 10.6
(11,900#)

89 Duckworth 17' Pro 302

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I drove with my camper almost 3000 miles from where I bought it to home with straps holding it to my flatbed.
I had several straps and used jacks bracket to hold the camper to headache wall.
Once you strap something down with big force clamping the top - it will increase friction at the bottom.
You see all truck loads clamped from the top only and they don't go anywhere.
This might not be case here as I don't believe you can put 5000 lb strap on top of the camper.

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
Just a note.......
would this not have gone more forward?? It looks like it could have gone all the way into the bed!

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he's taking the camper on its last trip, like to the dump?

I had to use those kind of straps once myself with my first truck camper. It was one of the first TC's Jayco made, and it was a lemon. By the time it was 3 years old, it was so rotted I couldn't get it off the truck.

Drove it to the Jayco factory in northern Indiana and they bought it back from me, and sold me a new one at dealers cost. The camper was shedding pieces and parts the whole trip up there. Every time we stopped something else was missing. Great customer service, but the problems they had with TC's made them get out of that line of RV's.

Not sure why that one isn't pushed all the way forward, it looks like a long bed camper on a long bed truck. Maybe he has a fuel tank or toolbox in the bed.

Oh well, sometimes you just have to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
The front strap holds the camper on. The rear strap holds the camper
together. And he has a handy place in front of the camper in the truck
bed to store his tools.
Is this Red Green's rig?

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If he stays off the highway, and does not go up a steep hill, he will be okay. He could have used a black or white strap, would have looked better. As some folks say, "A poor man has poor ways".

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Hey - I'm not laughing... that's how mine got home the first time (although I ran a strap around the back end, too). Of course, mine is about HALF that size....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I did this on the way home from my purchase, except at least ran the straps to the frame. And I had an 8' camper on an 8' bed.

Now have it done right with Torqlift and chains.

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
The guy probably just bought it and was bringing it home.......

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry the driver and passenger reach out the window and hold it when they drive!

lonetow
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderin fool wrote:
You guys are funny. Walmart does have that reputation and I have seen stupid in action there. I guess those straps would hold it down, but I wonder what keeps the camper from sliding?

Nothing obviously, we are heading your way tomorrow, thinking about buying a home in Woodland Park, Divide, Florissant area in the spring, maybe..........:)
2006 Dodge Quad 2500/4X4/SWB/CTD/Auto
2013 Lance 825
Rancho 9000XLs Firestone Bags
2002 Jeep TJ Sahara Auto 6cyl

Wanderin_fool
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are funny. Walmart does have that reputation and I have seen stupid in action there. I guess those straps would hold it down, but I wonder what keeps the camper from sliding?
Duramax/Lance 835
KTM/Arctic Cats
Motorized advocate in Colo. CMTRA, our local club.
www.cmtrail.org come visit!
Other Forums:
Thedieselplace.com ( chevsforever)
KTMtalk.com (xrcrasher)
Pontoonboating.com (Lounge Lizard)
Arcticchat.com (400crasher)

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
lol
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It was at Wal-Mart. Imagine that. ๐Ÿ™‚