cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bunk end linoleum replacement?

Motard112
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to replace the linoleum on one of my bunk ends .any one have an idea where to purchase .I believe its linoeleum.any how it's the lining under the mattress on the bunk ends.thanks
14 REPLIES 14

Jerry9n
Explorer
Explorer
I think the stuff is put on at the wood manufacturers but not sure.

I was wondering if carpet tiles would be an option? Would provide a little cushion and insulation. Just a thought.
Jerry9n
2009 23' Cikira Escape EXP
2006 Ford Expedition
Reese Pro Series SC
Tekonsha Primus IQ
HTT Mods

Motard112
Explorer
Explorer
minn camping family wrote:
Ours is like yours, similar to a wallpaper or contact paper. We have an Aerolite Cub.

So my question is where do I find this contact paper .I will have to try the manufacturer.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
as far as i know, it's contact paper over luan.

it looks as though water got into the door frame at the bottom.
either from water pooling in the hinge area or through the bunk door's outside frame.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

minn_camping_fa
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is like yours, similar to a wallpaper or contact paper. We have an Aerolite Cub.

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
Motard112 wrote:
Just out of curiosity.to the other hybrid TT owners what material is on the inside of bunk door?
nothing.. Mine is just bare plywood

Motard112
Explorer
Explorer
Just out of curiosity.to the other hybrid TT owners what material is on the inside of bunk door?

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like whatever it is, is causing more harm than good, trapping water in..

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Motard, PM me, as i can get you info on contacting a Palomino factory rep that works with their Stampede and Solaire hybrid lines.

he might be able to help you source a replacement door.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

minn_camping_fa
Explorer
Explorer
We had this same issue last summer and the only fix for us was to have the bunk end door replaced. It was water damage at the hinge that seeped up into the "plywood" of the door. No way to truly dry it out for us. I hope you were able to completely dry it out, otherwise you may need to eventually replace the bunk door.

The dealer told me the doors are put together like a sandwich with these different layers at the factory. I don't know if you can buy just this layer alone. The only thing I can think of to replace your strip is some contact paper (the self adhesive shelf lining stuff).

Hope that helps... I'm not as technically inclined like some of the folks here ๐Ÿ™‚

Motard112
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a closer view of the covering I am looking for .this was before I cut that section out .u can see where the water was bubbling under the contact paper\linoleum so I cut a strip out to let it dry as shown in the above post\pic

Motard112
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a pic.last summer water was in between the linoleum or contact paper and the wood so I cut that strip out to let the water dry out .but the greenish white(linoleum a contact paper material) covering the plywood is what I'm looking for to replace since I had to cut a strip out.it is not aftermarket .both sides are the same .the camper is a 2010 palomino s17.hopefully the pic clears up any questions

Motard112
Explorer
Explorer
No its like a contact paper material .give me a minute and I will post a pic

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
yeah mine's just plain plywood under the mattress pads, it must be an aftermarket job.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
are you talking about the inside surface of the bunk end door?
i know of no hybrid that has linoleum in the bunk door, unless a previous owner did some mod.

it always helps if you tell us what year/model of hybrid you're talking about.