cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bunk slide out on back of trailer

aamyotte
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have a queen bed rear slide trailer and love the reduced length for towing. I am looking for a trailer floorplan with bunks on the rear of the trailer that slide on the rear wall similar to a rear slide model. Years ago coachmen had a model that did this. I recently saw a floorplan or a rear bunkhouse where the bunks are mounted to the rear wall and it slid back. I can't remember the model or manufacturer. Does anyone know of the manufacturer?
Al
2011 Ford Expedition Max Limited
2006 Trail Cruiser TC23SB
Equalizer WDH
12 REPLIES 12

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II

Found an old stack of brochures from when we were looking for our first trailer.
Here's an Aerolite like you describe: 27RS-SL

http://www.brownsrvonline.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=86263&Manufacturer=3322

Mike

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I too disagree there is significantly handling difference by that extra 2.5'.

BTW, if that were true, then the longer rear slide of a rear king bed would be even better.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

popupcamping
Explorer
Explorer
aarond76 wrote:
I don't agree with the cross winds comment. You are talking about a 30' trailer vs. a 32.5' trailer. Also, with the rear slide you are adding more weight at the very rear of the trailer helping the tail wag the dog. I have to believe those two differences are going to cancel each other out.

and likely the reason RV companies dropped it. Kind of a stupid design.

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
I don't agree with the cross winds comment. You are talking about a 30' trailer vs. a 32.5' trailer. Also, with the rear slide you are adding more weight at the very rear of the trailer helping the tail wag the dog. I have to believe those two differences are going to cancel each other out.

cyberiankhatru
Explorer
Explorer
nice treller for one that don't exist...

aamyotte
Explorer
Explorer
The few feet can make a difference especially in cross winds. That is my concern and for maneuverability as well.
Al
Equalizer WDH

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Aarond76. I remembered a Rockwood Signature Series like that too. But I don't see the point either unless you that exact 2.5' makes a difference for storage at home, barn, etc.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
Rockwood used to make what you are looking for. I just checked their line-up and do not see it anymore. I personally don't understand the point. You are adding cost, weight, and mechanical complexity to save 2-1/2' going down the road. Since it will weight more than one that was simply 2-1/2' longer I don't believe you will see any advantage in towing. The only possible advantage was if you needed that 2-1/2' back in order to store it at home.

aamyotte
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I was referring to. http://www.rvguide.com/specs/coachmen/travel-trailer/2008/captiva-tm-ultra-lite/270rs.html. As far as I can tell this model is discontinued. I am looking for a new trailer like this layout.
Al
Equalizer WDH

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I don't know of one either but I like the idea very much.

popupcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I can't imagine there ever was a "bunk" slide out from the back. There would be no advantage and if they were bunks the whole back end from roof to bumper would have to slide. Doubt there is any such trailer. the ones like yours with the queen bed only the top half of the back of the trailer slides

mrkoje
Explorer
Explorer
There was a model called "Outback" around 2006 or 2007 that had that floorplan. I'm not sure if that was the same trailer now as a Keystone Outback or not.

Edit: I see you're asking for a model of a rear slide BUNK. I haven't recently seen any of these though sorry.
RAPTOR 300MP
RAM 3500 MEGA CTD 4X4