cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camplite CL16TBS

Olddawgsrule
Explorer
Explorer
This one just hit my list of possible TT.

Any one own Camplite?
Opinions on Camplite?
Tent to Pop-up to 5th wheel, currently without and wanting...
3 REPLIES 3

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
I have a Camplite 21BHS we purchased new about 4 years ago. So far we've been very happy with the camper. It had the A/C fail (Dometic Penguin II) but that was replaced under warranty. I also had a couple of leaks, but they were easily addressed with some self leveling caulk. It is now a few years since we've had any issues.

The strength of the Camplite is excellent. The frame, including the interior walls, are one piece. Even the cabinet frames are integral to the overall camper frame. This results in an extremely rigid trailer. Everything in the camper is just as solid as it was the day we bought it.

The lack of wood is also very nice. I don't have to look for soft spots in the floor or wonder what is going on behind the walls. The trailer also tows great behind my Ram 1500. We've traveled from Florida to places like Arizona, Utah and the Smoky Mountains with no issues at all.

Biggest complaint would be the cheap tires. I got about 8,000 miles on the original tires and replaced them after a tire had a split in the tread after returning from a long trip. I replaced them with Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires, and they've been great over the last year and a half or so.

Here is a good video showing the design of the Camplites. Some has changed over the last 4 years, but the basic design is still basically the same:

Camplite Video

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Olddawgsrule
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
TT posts with Camplite in them

Nice! That gives me some reading. Thank you!
Tent to Pop-up to 5th wheel, currently without and wanting...

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
TT posts with Camplite in them
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman