cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Checked out a Nissan Titan XD

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been waiting to check out one of these trucks since I first read about them. Finally had a chance to check one of them out today. I didn't get to drive it but I got done what I wanted to accomplish today.

Here are some pics of the smaller details of the truck..

the gooseneck socket... there is no handle in the wheel well like the B&W... there is some kind of locking recess built into the receiver. This would be the ball retainer.. similar to the Reese Elite.

Here is a look at one of the pucks with the cover off. Presumably this will hold the chain loop... I am not sure if there will be a Fifth wheel "oem' made that will fit into the gooseneck receiver ad the two pucks... but it looks like the GM gooseneck option for 2017 is very similar to the Titans.

This next picture is of one of the tie down rails on the bed floor. There is a flimsy plastic cover on them that slides off.. I estimate that after the first serious load these plastic covers will break.

Here is a shot of the Titan Box... Prefect set up for the Drive-In theater! LOL.. the lid has some built in cup holders!...they do look very handy.

Here is a shot of the terrible payload rating this truck has...this was a loaded up 4x4 with many many many options.. about 54k... 1598 lbs of payload...of note.. this truck does have LT Range E tires.

I thought you all would appreciate this next pic too... This one shows the Gross weights.

Pretty interesting that the gross axle weights added up are 9,800 lbs compared to the GVWR of 8,990...difference of 810 lbs.

Hopefully, I have more time and can actually drive one and get a feel for how this truck actually drives.

One more pic of the front end.. Pretty nice looking..

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~
53 REPLIES 53

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Curt introduced a 30K lb gooseneck hitch for the XD. How long will it take for someone to try towing something that heavy?

http://rvdailyreport.com/products/curt-debuts-nissan-titan-xd-gooseneck-ball-safety-chain-anchor-kit...

Looks like it could fit any of the Big Three that have the fifth wheel puck package. Wonder what makes this special to the Nissan ?

Bedlam
Curt introduced a 30K lb gooseneck hitch for the XD. How long will it take for someone to try towing something that heavy?

http://rvdailyreport.com/products/curt-debuts-nissan-titan-xd-gooseneck-ball-safety-chain-anchor-kit...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

bovellois
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
If you decide on any diesel, I would suggest 4wd. The front end is so heavy they these trucks in 2wd don't even do well on wet pavement without a load in the bed.

i agree, the only acceptable 4x2 diesel setup is a one-ton dually that is always partly or fully loaded (fuel tank, heavy platform, welder, etc.).

It is a double whammy. When you choose diesel power (at a hefty premium vs. gas), you must also budget for the 4WD option.
Bruno, Carol, Thierry and Julien
Sankei the fox terrier
Starla the Gordon setter
97 Dodge 2500 4x QC diesel
2006 ROO19

DRKMinWA
Explorer
Explorer
And I remember my dad being incensed that he had to pay $2,650 for a new 1969 Chevy half ton SWB. No power steering or brakes. No A/C and an AM only radio. I bought it from him for $1,200 5 years later. It had the 307 V8 and 4 speed tranny. Very reliable truck.

Same complaints then as now, too expense, underpowered and terrible gas mileage.
Rick & Kathy
2014 Econ 16RB
2013 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
thomasmnile wrote:

Was a time, and not all that long ago you could buy a nice house for that much money........

1977 was a long time ago

And a house still APPRECIATES in value.........most of the time.:B

Speaking of relative prices.... I bought a new 26 cu ft fridge for the house today that cost more than my first car LOL
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
thomasmnile wrote:

Was a time, and not all that long ago you could buy a nice house for that much money........

1977 was a long time ago

And a house still APPRECIATES in value.........most of the time.:B

transferred
Explorer
Explorer
drittal wrote:
Fast Mopar wrote:
6.7 tow rig wrote:

Yep they have had three on the lot here for a month and they haven't moved. Sticker on the most expensive was 59,235. Get real. I bet the same ones will be sitting there next spring at that price. Exterior is terribly ugly, inside seemed nice.

The price is high, but all the prices seem high, not just Nissan. The loaded F150 4X4 crew cab at the 2016 Houston Auto Show had a list price of $64,000.

And the F150 at 64,000 has a weaker frame on top of jot having the added expensive of a 5.0l cummins and all the related exhaust equipment. An easy $5,000-$7,000.

Agreed.
05 Ram 3500 SRW QCSB Laramie 4x4 Cummins, 610lbs, 23k GC, 9.9k GV
(totaled) 16 Ram 3500 SRW RCLB SLT 4X4 Cummins Aisin, 900lbs, 25.3k GC, 11.5k GV
06 F550 4x4 PSD, 570lbs, 33k GC, 19.5k GV

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:

1977 was a long time ago
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really like the styling.
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
Fast Mopar wrote:
6.7 tow rig wrote:

Yep they have had three on the lot here for a month and they haven't moved. Sticker on the most expensive was 59,235. Get real. I bet the same ones will be sitting there next spring at that price. Exterior is terribly ugly, inside seemed nice.

The price is high, but all the prices seem high, not just Nissan. The loaded F150 4X4 crew cab at the 2016 Houston Auto Show had a list price of $64,000.

And the F150 at 64,000 has a weaker frame on top of jot having the added expensive of a 5.0l cummins and all the related exhaust equipment. An easy $5,000-$7,000.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:

House yes but nice? We have some of the lowest home cost around and you are in the mid $150,000 for a "nice home" in a nice area anyway.

I'll say that I didn't have the $18,500 from my 2004 + an extra $9,000 in EP discount/rebates to put down on my truck I wouldn't have bought it. $54,408 list on a 150/1500 is nuts but $64,000 for a gas 150/1500 is crazy.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Fast Mopar wrote:
6.7 tow rig wrote:

Yep they have had three on the lot here for a month and they haven't moved. Sticker on the most expensive was 59,235.

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
6.7 tow rig wrote:

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
kw/00 wrote:
I agree with fastmopar, the fronts just don't look right. Anyway drove past the Nissan store last night. The same 3 they had on display are still there....

2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs