cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cirrus 820 Truck suggestions

Mountainbiker12
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer I purchased the Cirrus 820 and find it to be a great camper. I'm considering upgrading my F250 to a 350/3500 crew cab 4x4 and trying to decide on my best options. So I was wondering what trucks others might be using especially if you have the Cirrus 820. We do plan to do off roading, boondocking and extended travel Thanks for your input
3 REPLIES 3

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Zero need for a dually for that size camper.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

MFitz
Explorer
Explorer
Interested in this as well. I am planning on buying an 820 and an F350 to replace my travel trailer and F150 next year, and have been researching this combo for a long time now. I have similar planned uses. I figure a SRW F350 should be the sweet spot for this camper, really don't want to go DRW as this will be my daily driver. Most newer F350's (gasser CC SB 4x4) payload ratings are in the 4100+lb range.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I love the looks of those campers. Nice choice!
I'll start by saying this probably isn't the answer you'r intending to get, but what are your goals with the new truck? (Aside from assuming your current F250 isn't a CC as you mention upgrading to a CC)

I ask because, with the exception of newer Ram 2500s with rear coil springs, virtually any other 3/4T or 1T from the last 20 years will handle the load of a mid weight camper like the Cirrus pretty similarly.
So in a 1 ton srw, honestly, pick your favorite brand, color and engine. More of a concern or difference there than how it will handle the camper.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold