cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cleaning vinyl windows

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Flagstaff/Rockwood HW camper with the zip down vinyl windows. Is there a special product that I need to be using to clean them?
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation
6 REPLIES 6

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks. I ended up using woolite/water to clean them, so I'll try it with the Protect All when I open it up again.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
sbstryker wrote:
Here you go! Everything you need to know: http://www.thepopupprincess.com/pop-up-camper-maintenance/cleaning-protecting-your-vinyl-camper-wind...

I'm a Protect All user....why didn't I think of that! I think I'll definitely try it the next time I clean the patio enclosure windows.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

sbstryker
Explorer
Explorer

tim5055
Explorer
Explorer
I was always told to use Plexus on the vinyl windows. Plexus plastic cleaner
Tim
Natasha's Camping Site
www.popupcamping.info
2014 Coachmen 297RLDS
2015 Aliner Expedition
2004 Ford F-250 CC Turbo Diesel

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have vinyl windows in our patio enclosure (SB home) and Murphy's oil soap was recommended. I used it this spring and it worked well. Make sure you use a soft brush or vacuum any loose dirt or grit off the window first.

Back in our popup days, I cleaned the vinyl windows with a mild solution of a liquid cleaner and water and never had any problems. Our last camper was used for 10 years and the vinyl windows were still in great shape when we traded it in.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW, talk about a lack of product knowledge. I called Forest River and he didn't know so he referred me to the canvas manufacturer. The people that make the products don't even know what to use either....GEEZ