cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleveland RV Show Jayco Models

Baja937
Explorer
Explorer
Work prevented me from making the trip to Cleveland this weekend...Questions...

I love the Jayco Jayflight 23MBH and the Jayco Whitehawk 23MBH...Those Murphy beds up front are awesome and give more seating option with the Sofa...Jayco I believe is the ONLY manufacturer who offers a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty on a trailer...

Couple questions for everyone...I know how it is looking at trailers...After looking at so many they all look the same...lol...I was wondering if anyone saw General RV, Hartville RV, or any other Jayco dealer at the show...

Did you by chance see one of the 23MBH trailers there? And if so, do you recall what they were indicating as the "Show Price" versus MSRP?

I'm in the market to downsize in March and was looking for some figures I can work with...
15 REPLIES 15

Baja937
Explorer
Explorer
I've read them all...

Wasn't aware of the 2 year warranty on others...

I knew there was room for a topper on the Murphy bed...First thing I looked at when dropping it down...

Kinda was looking for a Show Price at any of the RV Shows around the Country...Not necessarily just at the Cleveland Show...

MargaretB
Explorer
Explorer
Rangerman40 wrote:
Almost all queen beds in Trailers are 74in...... I'm 6'1" and it fits me fine. Who sleeps completely flat and stretched out anyway? I do wish the toilet was bigger though lol!!!

The bed on our Tracer 230 is full queen, 80", and I sleep flat out, on my stomach!
Two retirees. Perpetual newbies. Techno- and mechanophobes.
2015 Tracer 230
2014 F-150 XLT EcoBoost

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just wondering if the OP read any of the replies??
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillB800si wrote:
Rangerman40 wrote:
Almost all queen beds in Trailers are 74in...... I'm 6'1" and it fits me fine. Who sleeps completely flat and stretched out anyway? I do wish the toilet was bigger though lol!!!

===============

There's actually quite a few manufacturers supply 60 x 80 inch residential size mattresses in their trailers. Jayco is one that only has limited models with 80 inch beds.
BTW, I'm 6 ft.... 🙂

I'll be ordering a 29QBD soon. They have an 80" residential queen. I am 6-04 with a inched nerve and I need to stretch out oftentimes when its aggravated. It really limited the models that work for me. I just wasn't comfortable with my feet jammed into a wall or divider.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Rangerman40 wrote:

===============

There's actually quite a few manufacturers supply 60 x 80 inch residential size mattresses in their trailers. Jayco is one that only has limited models with 80 inch beds.
BTW, I'm 6 ft.... 🙂
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
I would buy another Jayco again because of their good construction. BUT!! Their 2 year warranty was worthless for me. Unless you live next door to the dealer you bought it from. Mine had a couple of major problems. They wouldn't cover either under warranty. #1 furnace and wall wiring poorly done. TT almost burned to the ground. I paid for repair. #2 Very bad leak in the front of TT. The whole bed would be soaked when it rained. I dried it out and dumped it on a trade.

Of coarse that is why the old quote: Nobody ever sells a good tractor.

Yes, I would buy another Jayco but not metal sided. Plus they couldn't pull that 2 year warranty stuff. When I had mine they charged an inspection fee prior to warranty work. That way dealers would get reimbursed when Jayco refused. My Jayco was a new 2012. Less than 1 year old when I dumped it.

Sounds like a dealer problem, not a Jayco problem. Went to 2 different dealers (with 2 different Jaycos) and never had to pay out of pocket for anything while under the 2 year warranty (maintenance items were except of course).
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Rangerman40 wrote:
I bought a Whitehawk 23MBH in June of 2014 and we love it. .

========================

Keep in mind the Murphy Bed is 74 inches NOT a residential 80 inches.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Whitehawk 23MBH in June of 2014 and we love it. You get the living area of a 28ft trailer when the bed is up in a much smaller package. You could still put a memory foam topper on the mattress and lift the bed. There is plenty of room in there. We have also found that the trailer is still quite usable with the slide in which comes in handy during Walmart/truck stop/rest area overnight stays. It's lacking a bit in storage, but it just keeps me from collecting too much stuff we don't need. We put 3300 miles on ours in 4 months this summer and haven't had a single problem with ours. I can't really comment on price since ours was damaged in transit to the dealer (piece of tire hit sewer valve and snapped it off) so transport company had to title it in their name for insurance to fix it and consequently I got around 45% off MSRP since it was sold to me as "used"....Not bad for a brand new unit and I got to keep the warranty.

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW all the Forest River Travel Trailers & 5th Wheelers have an optional 2nd year warranty for $150.

We got rid of our Jayco due to the wood construction (old technology- roof etc..) and delamination problems with our Eagle (top of the line Jayco Trailer).

If you're going to keep your RV check out units that have 6 side aluminum construction with out loose fiberglass insulation( like in residential homes). Look for foam block insulation that holds up over time.

And do make sure you're satisfied with the floorplan.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I would buy another Jayco again because of their good construction. BUT!! Their 2 year warranty was worthless for me. Unless you live next door to the dealer you bought it from. Mine had a couple of major problems. They wouldn't cover either under warranty. #1 furnace and wall wiring poorly done. TT almost burned to the ground. I paid for repair. #2 Very bad leak in the front of TT. The whole bed would be soaked when it rained. I dried it out and dumped it on a trade.

Of coarse that is why the old quote: Nobody ever sells a good tractor.

Yes, I would buy another Jayco but not metal sided. Plus they couldn't pull that 2 year warranty stuff. When I had mine they charged an inspection fee prior to warranty work. That way dealers would get reimbursed when Jayco refused. My Jayco was a new 2012. Less than 1 year old when I dumped it.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Starcraft (a Jayco company) also has a 2 year warranty.

Each to his/her own, but the Murphy bed doesn't work for me. You lose the couch when someone's in bed (and vice-versa when the couch is being used), which is fine only when both people are on the same sleep schedule. Also, every mattress we've ever had in a camper required a memory foam topper to be comfortable. Where would that go when the bed is put up? I assume the pillows/bedding fit in the space when the bed is put up?

And yes, I saw a Winnebago Minnie with a Murphy bed at the ATL RV show this past weekend.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, Lance has a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://winnebagotowables.com/products

FYI, the Winnebago 2101DS has a Murphy bed and a pass thru storage area.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption