cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cmap grounds in North Florida or South GA?

BubbaK
Explorer
Explorer
Going on a run to North Fla and South GA to look at some TT's in these areas. Going to use a friends TT to make a mini vacation out of the run. Going to be out for a week.
Looking for a nice wooded camp grounds in these areas. Just looking for some info to look into. I need trees, trees and more trees. Oh yea did I say I need trees? Any input to your favorite spots in these areas would be nice.
18 REPLIES 18

woodworker59
Explorer
Explorer
SHADY OAKS in Beverly Hills is a nice park 30 minutes south of Ocala. Also Ocala sun is right off 75 south of Ocala.

steeleshark
Explorer
Explorer
I will second Jekyll Island in south Georgia 1st and Hanna park in Jacksonville, Fl 2nd.

Jekyll Island is actually a park. Look it up, you may really like it. I live in this area and this is my number one campground. Beach is close to the campground along with a water park and many other things to do. Bring your bikes. The entire island is bike friendly.

Hanna is great if you want to be close or in a city but feel far away when you are in the park. Again, many bike trails. It also has its own beach on the ocean, fresh water lakes with boat paddle boat/canoe rental. Being in Jacksonville makes you relatively close to the zoo, shopping, and a little drive away to Saint Augustine (tourist trap).
2011 Nissan Armada SL w/Tow Package
2012 Coachmen Freedom Express (292BHDS) Liberty Edition

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
If you go west of I75, check out Jack Wingate's Lunker Lodge and Campground just below Donalsonville, GA. Really nice down there.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hanna Park in Jacksonville is very nice. Hunting Island is in SC but a stones throw from Savanah.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wanda573
Explorer
Explorer
Rainbow Springs State Park is about 15 miles from I75 and Ocala exit, near Dunnellon,Fl. Full hook ups and really nice sites. The sites around the outside of the loop has more shade.

BubbaK
Explorer
Explorer
Klueck wrote:
where in North Florida or south Georgia? It covers a large area.

Going to be off I75 in Ocala to start the trip.

BubbaK
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the info. Everything looks good on the internet. But when you get there is a different story in some cases I'm sure. Thanks again for the info. Keep it coming if anyone has anymore ideas. The more the better.
Thanks again for the input.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Stephen Foster SP in White Spgs, Ft Clinch SP in Fernandina Bch
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
In the Bainbridge, GA/Chattahochee, FL... Eastbank COE park on Lake Seminole. Near Lake City, FL... Ocean Pond NF would be a good choice.
RVn Full-time

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Klueck wrote:

Me thinks that should be the first question, then reasonable suggestions can be made. the GA-FL border is right long.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
We like Laura S. Walker SP in Waycross, Ga. Lots of trees and a really nice lake. Laid back management too.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Stephen Foster State Park, White Springs FL is beautiful! Lots of trees with spanish moss.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jekyll Island, lots of huge trees.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds