cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Cyndi_H
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about making a backsplash like that, but we're going to try pegs, so it can be lifted up for cleaning. Thanks for the great idea!
My blog: Wanderlust

'08 Keystone Sprinter 250RBS travel trailer
'10 Nissan Titan

Explorer
Explorer
6 drywall screws in from the bottom.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Great job how did you attach it to the counter or is it removable for travel??

Explorer
Explorer
I made a backsplash for the island sink:

Leaf-Peeper
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link to one of our mods posted over at the Tech section of these forums.

Our Hot Water Recirculation System
'05 Chevy Tahoe & ’08 Rockwood Roo 23ss
'62 Myself
'62 Camper Honey
'96 Camper Twin Girls

fncampn
Explorer
Explorer
What an incredible thread! So many ideas. You guys and gals should put some of these mods over on this site since it's just about RV mods: ModMyRV.com
2017 Ford F250 XLT CCLB 4x4 3.73 6.2 Auto
2018 Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8324BH
Reese SteadyFlex weight distributing hitch - 1,400/14000

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had the dinette cushions re-upholstered, picked out the bedroom carpet today, will be talking with carpet layer tomorrow, new convection oven, will be recovering valances in bedroom soon, looking at satellite tv, and by then should be ready to take off down the road again for 10-12 months.

Have read all the postings of you all's modifications, etc. and have picked up some ideas. Its sure neat to have this forum to glean ideas from. AND the pictures are nice to show hubby what I really want .. -marji
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
RollingRockTX wrote:
More fun with LED lighting

I finished up converting my interior lights to LED's. Did most of them as the DW still wants the other lights in there.

Sorry for the bad photos but you get the idea.

Finished with the outside down lights too:

This one was taken on the last trip, you can see our interior lights and the down lights. We were camping in a location where we had very little light and no neighbors...park holds 85 pull throughs and we were the ONLY ONES THERE for Labor Day weekend. So we parked Awning to awning.

I can appreciate the efficiency of LED lighting, but for living areas I would prefer incandescent warmer type lighting, but each to their own.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

rvdogette
Explorer
Explorer
I have had some fun decorating our TT.

The theme is mostly a Louisiana type style with a little Texas also.
2 flying duck pictures

A Magnolia picture

An iron Barometer

An iron style spice rack

An iron style paper towel holder and a coaster holder which is hard to see in the pic.

A Texas star hook and 2 Dollar store holders which I thought was cute.

Another Texas star with 2 nails for keys and the such.

Another one to compliment the other.

A blow dryer rack in the hall closet which has 2 hooks on the bottom.

A pretty blue LED night light, the blue lights don't come through on the pic.

A Tabasco picture.

A Bath hanger, good for wet bathing suits.

An awning lock which I couldn't sleep without, hehe

This replaces the aluminum foil in the window, I figured it was time to upgrade.:)

Had to have one of these. I like it.

I really want to replace this soon, been looking.

A closeup of the coaster holder which matches the paper towel holder and spice rack.

A couple of used cabinet doors I found off of Ebay. They will be installed below the booth seats to have better access below.

My DH most favorite one of all.
2005 Keystone Springdale
1 Hubby
2 boys 21 & 19
2 sweet dogs, spoiled rotten
Isabella, my 16 year old baby dog, RIP
Sara, RIP, She was the best camping dog.
A new grand baby puppy GS, she is a sweety

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
We closed off all of our inside/outside storage from the inside by using blue foam board and duct tape. We never got into these areas from the inside anyway and they let in a lot of cold air. It made a lot of difference in our comfort, no more drafts at floor level. We also closed off the cord storage area from the inside with the blue foam, with that large opening we were freezing! Didn't add much weight either. Well worth the time to do.

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Schriber wrote:
Wow! rhillx4... did you actually close off the storage space under the bed? That's a lot of useful space to lose!

Mike

Look at the pics. The area is still accessible by the external door, but not accessible by lifting the bed.

They essentially just put a 'lid' over it.

Personally, it seems like a lot of unnecessary weight to me; plywood on top of plywood.
Lee

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! rhillx4... did you actually close off the storage space under the bed? That's a lot of useful space to lose!

With regard to jack by the axles, I did this a few months ago and it really made a big difference. It really takes out the bounce.

Mike
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse

Welfarewagon
Explorer
Explorer
mooreadventures wrote:
Welfarewagon,
Do the added jack in front of the wheels make a difference? I've thought of doing that mod.

I noticed an immediate difference, while fixing all the bounce as it is still a trailer on wheels is impossible I would say the money and time spent made it 80% better then before, some campsites or ground conditions will always give you a better or worse result, IE. sand or gravel made it harder to control then blacktop.

For example before I could feel every footstep in the TT while I laid in the front bed, I could even feel when my kids rolled over in the bunks, now all that's gone except for the kids running or jumping, I still get some feel when someone steps out the door but thats expected.

I also feel better when it comes to a flat on the highway, my 4 corner jacks come down at an angle the two I added are the scissor style Bal jack and since they are right behind the wheel if needed I can lift one side of the TT off the ground with enough boards for added height, I tried this in the driveway just to see what it could do, I don't recommend camping or leaving it that way for long but in a pinch on the side of the road......
2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Welfarewagon
Explorer
Explorer
In The Dawghouse wrote:
rhillx4 wrote:
lol you had me scared for a bit there! Thinking you really hacked the wifes car up. lol

BUT.....Can it be towed 4 down? 🙂

I don't think so without a transmission pump, however by now it wouldn't matter.

This is what 3 2007 Avalon's and a Camry look like without the roof or doors, it was hard to cut up a brand new 0 mile car, they were donated by Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Georgetown, KY. to the Lexington FD for training.
2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

In_The_Dawghous
Explorer
Explorer
rhillx4 wrote:
lol you had me scared for a bit there! Thinking you really hacked the wifes car up. lol

BUT.....Can it be towed 4 down? 🙂
Gordon, Susie, Diane, Catie, Susan, Shawn, Annie, Jessi, Keith, Selena.(Yes, 8 kids)
1 Dog Bonnie.
96 Rexhall Aerbus Class A (The Dawghouse II)

Castaway Campers site

Our Photos