cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bob Vaughn wrote:
I have some neat mod's that I have done to my RV and would like to post them here...but the instructions are so convoluted I can't figure our how to do it.....I don't understand how some photos appear and some are just links to other sites.....?????

Have you checked out these posts?
If you still have problems, that forum moderator will be glad to help you out. Just send him a PM.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I have some neat mod's that I have done to my RV and would like to post them here...but the instructions are so convoluted I can't figure our how to do it.....I don't understand how some photos appear and some are just links to other sites.....?????

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
I C
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,
DS 22, DD 19, DD 17, DD 15

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer
when you simply type in the word "bump" with no other text and on this forum it moves that post to the top of the first page... It is grossley unfair to other posters who also want their questions answered and moves their post further down the page... If everyone keeps bumping pretty soon all we have is posts with the word "bump" in it...

Bump posts will instantly be deleted by myself...

Les - Moderator

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
What is a bump post?
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer
And I stand by Barney's decision - you all know that "bump" posts are not allowed on these forums so let's keep it on topic...

Les (Moderator)

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
To all members who post on this thread. I have just spent 45 minutes of my valuable time deleting off topic comments and "bump" posts. Each individual post has to be deleted one at a time and that really does take a long time - especially if the forum is busy and slow.

Please keep any new posts on topic or I will close this thread down. That would really be a shame because many here enjoy seeing and reading about the mods that people do to their rigs. If you do not care for the mod posts that people are making, I suggest you do not read this thread anymore. I am not going to spend any more time cleaning up this thread. Please take this post seriously!
Thank you.
Barney (moderator)
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

texacokat
Explorer
Explorer
Please, people, I have cabin fever and am desperate for mind candy....MODS!

OK, here's some content:

A quick and cheap way to storm-door:
Buy a clear shower curtain, cut it out to fit, just milimeters beyond your screen.
Put sticky velcro around the door, that's your permanent side.
Then put sticky velcro (opposite side) on the clear plastic you've cut. Do it a side at a time so you can adjust or cut.
Easy to take up and down, depending on weather, and then just fold and keep by the door. Sometimes I'll just peel the top part off and let the rest hang to let the air in.

Now, let's see more MODS!
Kathy & Scott
2018 Ford F-150 XLT
2018 Forest River Wildwood 27rks

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
We put on a swivel arator on the spicket. Now I can rinse the sink quickly as I don't have a sprayer. 1.49 at Wal-Mart.
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,

DarylSue
Explorer
Explorer

Here's ours Tracy.......Daryl.
Daryl/Sue, part time kids and 2 GC

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
2012 Chevy Silverado CC 4x4
w/HD tow pkg.
Voyager BC
Reese Dual Cam/WD

DarylSue
Explorer
Explorer
No problem with our dispenser either.....going into second season with it......Daryl.
Daryl/Sue, part time kids and 2 GC

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
2012 Chevy Silverado CC 4x4
w/HD tow pkg.
Voyager BC
Reese Dual Cam/WD

PJ_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
We've had triple dispenser in our shower for two years...no leaks.
Bobby & Paula
Jasper (Mini Dachshund)
Jake (Yellow Lab)
2006 Keystone Laredo 29RL
2006 Ford F250

Our Photos
:C

fncampn
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my soap dispenser in the shower now for almost 2 years. Never a drip and I've been on some rough California freeways.
2017 Ford F250 XLT CCLB 4x4 3.73 6.2 Auto
2018 Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8324BH
Reese SteadyFlex weight distributing hitch - 1,400/14000

Montana_Tracy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice mods. I have a question about the soap dispensers: do they ever drip or leak soap on the counter from the jiggle and bounce while traveling?

Gfitzgrld
Explorer
Explorer
wow....love it