cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Wilderness_320_
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a new TT with some led lights that were at the bottom of the entry door that shined onto the steps, and could not find anywhere to get such a thing. One day at Walmart I saw a package of flex lights(two small 12v stips of leds made to put on a car)and after some thought of how to wire them up, I bought a set, and love the results.

2006 Wilderness 320dbhs
2010 Silverado 1500 5.3L V8 6 speed
Hensley Arrow, Factory Brake Controller

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
I have something like this that I made up myself. Around here we call it the DW eliminator.:)

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/hitch-ball-finder/32410
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

dtwsd
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
dtwsd wrote:
Installed this so I can hitch up by myself E-Z On Hitch System

I've seen those those but am concerned about the stress on my tongue jack. I have an electric tongue jack and 1,100 pounds weight sitting on it. I certainly wouldn't want to bend it. Good to read a favorable review.

I have my electric tongue jack on wood planks so that it will slide when contact is made. I also make sure and align as straight as I can when I'm backing up so that there is less angle. That way there is also less movement of the jack when contact is made. It is also important to back up slowly. All these things reduce the stress on the jack.

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
dtwsd wrote:

I've seen those those but am concerned about the stress on my tongue jack. I have an electric tongue jack and 1,100 pounds weight sitting on it. I certainly wouldn't want to bend it. Good to read a favorable review.

My DH would not have anyone to scream at over the radio if he used it. What fun would that be for him or me to scream back at him too.

Sharon

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
dtwsd wrote:

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

dtwsd
Explorer
Explorer

I got this at a local county fair a few years ago and I love it. No need for the DW to help me get lined up anymore. This attaches to your hitch head. Mine is an equalizer hitch and it works great. I have a 2" ball but it works with most ball sizes. Best investment I have ever made for my TT next to my electric tongue jack.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Whiskeyman143 wrote:
Got my china LED lights up and running, a lot of work, but worth it!

Whiskeyman, How did you mount those LED's? I know they come with tape on them, but it doesn't look as thought they will stay in wet weather?
Thanks

LEP100
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Gafsden,
Thank you for the tip I will keep it in mind if I need to do some more decals, i hope that I dont. Power tools realy helps.

See ya
Lep100
2500HD Duramax/Allison/X Cab w/3.73
Compass Carriage
33CKQ (Super Pinky)
Prodigy Controler

tedrowan
Explorer
Explorer
This is a great tip. Thanks! I have the same problem.
Ted and Maryann Rowan __ Cape Cod, MA
2009 Ford F-150 FX4 + 2008 KZ Spree 261 RKS
Two Road Bikes * Two Mountain Bikes * Too little time

Gadsden
Explorer
Explorer
LEP100 wrote:
Ok Guys this is not really a Mod but if something is not up to my standards it will bug me until is done and fix. So here is some pictures of how my decals looks like before and after.

See ya

LEP100

========

Nice work!

For anyone contemplating a large area removal consider buying this accessory.

I tackled a job like this on my boat and a friend gave me his 3M "Stripe Off Wheel" to easily remove the old stickers and striping from the fiberglass hull. The 3M disk is like a stack of floppy foam disks about 10inches in diameter and a stack of a dozen was about an inch thick. You put them on an electric drill or high speed buffer and use the rotating edge to quickly remove even the most stubborn old decal or vinyl sticker. I was surprised at how well it worked, no scratches, burn marks, and no cuts from razors. It really, really worked as advertised. Just my two-cents.

I got mine at West Marine or Sears years ago and it is still working fine. Here is a link to 3M

3M Stripe Off Wheel

BTW: I have learned so much from all of you posters over the last few months since joining. You have no idea how helpful you have all been to me! Thank you!

Haleions
Explorer
Explorer
I am so excited to start doing the many many mods I got from this thread!

The first thing I am going to do is install a paper towel holder. It will be the cheapest thing to do I think, and I can do it myself without involving the hubby.
2006 Adventure Riverside pulled by a 2000 Ford Excursion V-10 Gas

Bob_Landry
Explorer
Explorer
A hair dryer would give enough heat to soften the adhesive. I would stay away from a heat gun. Once you get a little over-zealous with it and the gelcoat starts to bubble, there's no return and you're done cosmetically. I would also be careful what I scraped with. I'd go with a plastic scraper. I work in the marine industry and I can tell you, fiberglass/gelcoat repair ain't cheap, so be very careful with your selection of tools and materials.
2011 Keystone Outback 277RL

ShadySkins
Explorer
Explorer
tedrowan wrote:
Thanks, CAREFUL seems to be the watch word.

Another thing, when I removed the emblems from my TV, I let it bake in the sun all day, I then used the DW hair dryer to soften things more. Once the emblems came of (using only my fingers - ouch) I was able to roll much of the sticky with my fingers. I then used turtle wax bug and tar remover to finish the job. Worked great!

2011 KZ 321BHS
Pulled by a 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7
Connected with a Reese Dual Cam
Stopped by a Tekonsha P3

tedrowan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, CAREFUL seems to be the watch word.
Ted and Maryann Rowan __ Cape Cod, MA
2009 Ford F-150 FX4 + 2008 KZ Spree 261 RKS
Two Road Bikes * Two Mountain Bikes * Too little time

ShadySkins
Explorer
Explorer
tedrowan wrote:
Using a razor blade on the trailer seems like it would scratch. Did it? My trailer needs the decals replaced and I had intended to use a heat gun. Was you trailer metal or fiberglass?

Maybe a plastic putty knife would be safer
2011 KZ 321BHS
Pulled by a 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7
Connected with a Reese Dual Cam
Stopped by a Tekonsha P3