cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
AH64ID wrote:
I thought sealing the shower walls was a no-no???

Great mods.

Sealing the vertical edge is okay for looks and to keep water running down the wall out. The bottom and top of the enclosure should be left unsealed for venting and there is enough overlap at the bottom so it isn't needed.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
PennyPA wrote:
Depending on how old your dishwasher is, she could also be your floor sweeper, bed maker and vacuumer!

No washer/dryer added yet. Sounds like they might be too expensive. :B

Hoosier_Daddy
Explorer
Explorer
After putting up a closet rod at the DD's new house I had an idea on a ladder for the Grand-kids to access the top bunk in the TT.
While originally thinking of doing it all in PVC, I was using a length of vinyl coated wooden closet rod from Home Depot that looked about the same size.... Hmmmm.
On the way home I picked up a single 1" PVC "T" from the local HWI to take home and test fit onto my scrap rod... sure enough, even though the Rod is 1-1/4" a 1" PVC "T" had nice snug fit! (stay with me here...PVC pipe is measured by it's ID while the closet rod is by it's OD.)

Did the math and next time I was at Home Depot picked up enough of the closet Rod, two 1-1/4" rubber feet and two 1" PVC Caps and their 1" PVC "T"s to tackle my project.

I cut everthing to size for 12" wide treads, and at a shorter 10" rise for the Tots little legs and started assembly.

Here is where I ran into a snag. While the rod did have a snug fit it was a little too snug to put all the way into the "T" by hand so I used a mallet to fully seat it. While assembling the rungs I broke the "T"...

I noticed the single test "T" that I had bought from HWI had molded in gussets in the corners and seemed to be better material.

So back to HWI for their superior pieces. Having already commited myself to a bunch of cut up closet rod, I even took an extra precaution and warmed the PVC in hot water while putting it all together.

That worked like a charm! The hot water bath expanded them and probably softened them just enough to make assembly much easier.

I put the two rubber foot caps on the bottom to keep it from sliding and the PVC caps on the other to give it a finished look. Final outcome holds my weight with little flex so I think it's going to be fine for the Grand-Kids to get in and out ofthe top bunk on their own

TT: 2005 Coachmen 248TBG "Spirit of America"
TV: 2013 Ford F150 S/Cab 4X4

Jpbeck1
Explorer
Explorer
AH64ID wrote:

Great mods.

It came from the factory with a bead of silicone on it so I reapply when needed.
Have Fun,
2007 Jayco JayFeather 20BH
2009 Ford F150 5.4L

pdmac1946
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Some really great ideas. Nice job on everything.

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer

Great mods.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

Jpbeck1
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple simple mods we did to our Jayco. Each took less then a half hour to perform.

We boondock mostly and with 2 kids have the potential of going through a ton of water quickly. The first thing we did was to replace the shower with a sink sprayer. Works great for NAVY showers. Get in, get wet, scrub up, rinse off. We can also use the sprayer to rinse out the toilet.

For some reason water always puddled and ran down the sides of the tube so I got some of that plastic wall corner protector and cut it down to size, and filed away the corners and siliconed it to the tub.

Here is a water pump noise muffler. It's made out of sound board, so it's a little hard to work with, but not impossible. it gets the pump off the floor, and encloses it. We also put noddles around all the pipes that made contact with the walls and floor. It reduced the sound significantly.

Our trailer came with a cabnet door that was screwed in place, behind it was the hot water heater. I installed hinges and a door catch. Simple and it gave us a little space to store small things.

Since we boondock for weeks at a time I carry along a 55gal barrel to refill the fresh water I bought a 30 dollar cast iron A/C pump from harbor fright. It drains the barrel in about 5 minutes.

Have Fun,
2007 Jayco JayFeather 20BH
2009 Ford F150 5.4L

Limoges_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
crochetdiva wrote:
Limoges_Camper wrote:
crochetdiva wrote:
I'm wondering if anybody has added a washer to a travel trailer?
I added a bunch of these to mine. ๐Ÿ˜„

Washer as in Washer and Dryer

Humour as in the grinning face after the picture. ๐Ÿ˜„
Just learning all about trailering with something longer than my 17 1/2' boat or pop-up tent trailer.

I accept any and all advice you can give me, and I hope to be able to help in my limited capacity. ๐Ÿ™‚

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Remember to check your GVWR for the trailer and the GCWR for the truck/trailer combination before you start adding a lot of extras to the trailer.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

crochetdiva
Explorer
Explorer
Limoges_Camper wrote:
crochetdiva wrote:
I added a bunch of these to mine. ๐Ÿ˜„

Washer as in Washer and Dryer

This is the trailer we are thinking of getting and I'm stuck. The bunkhouse is for my business so I'm thinking of the dinette going and putting it there. http://www.rvworldofgeorgia.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=892901&p=1&vc=travel+trailer&s=Year&d=D&fr=xAllInventory

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
PennyPA wrote:
Depending on how old your dishwasher is, she could also be your floor sweeper, bed maker and vacuumer!

She's called a wife but don't tell her I said that.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

pdmac1946
Explorer
Explorer
Ha, Ha, Ha ......DUCK!

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

Robbieo11
Explorer
Explorer
crochetdiva wrote:

Was thinking dishwasher soon

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
T3rry1 wrote:
I posted this in HTT because that;'s what this is, but it's not very active over there so i figured i'd throw it up here as well.

Hey all, first time poster, this is my 3rd trailer, first 2 were tent trailers, this is a Aerolite Cub C215.

First mod on all of my trailers is interior lighting, i replaced the stock bulbs with SMD Led panels, gives considerably more light, with less power usage.

Welcome to the Forum! I see you like to give some more light inside and being new you may have Missed This mod. Puts more light and air in and looks great and you can see out a lot better.

looks great, not in the budget right now, i have to buy new batteries and have a few other lower cost mods i'd rather do first, but it will definitely be added to the list.