cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just going to use it to store the hitch, in a vertical orientation.
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
bbaley wrote:
chr$ wrote:
I was thinking of putting some sort of receiver on the REAR bumper of the TT to store the thing...

I have one of these (similar anyway) which is inexpensive and easy to mount. we use ours for a bike rack.

http://www.adventurerv.net/ultrafab-bumper-receiver-adapter-p-27575.html?gclid=CKu1hJPFy80CFceCfgodQ...

It won't hold a huge amount of weight but it works for what it's designed for and only about $20+

That will work right up until the time it rips the bumper off. An RV bumper is not intended to carry any additional weight.

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, that'll do it.
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

bbaley
Explorer
Explorer
chr$ wrote:
I was thinking of putting some sort of receiver on the REAR bumper of the TT to store the thing...

I have one of these (similar anyway) which is inexpensive and easy to mount. we use ours for a bike rack.

http://www.adventurerv.net/ultrafab-bumper-receiver-adapter-p-27575.html?gclid=CKu1hJPFy80CFceCfgodQ...

It won't hold a huge amount of weight but it works for what it's designed for and only about $20+
Our Equipment:
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Outdoorsman Pkg Cummmins 6.7
2016 Keystone Cougar 26rbiwe
2012 model golden retriever
2007 model Chiweenie
Scott/Sage Fly Rods (3wt thru 8wt)
Newer than antique models navigator and driver.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for good drawer slides check out KV8400RV slides. Made for RV use, installed them in my last 5er and loved them. You will need 1/2" clearance between the side of the drawer and face frame opening.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Glamping
Explorer
Explorer
chr$ wrote:
Drawers are too expensive to install properly, and the el-cheapo versions break and fly out during transit, so they just don't put a lot of them in. Get good slides. Mount them well, use good positive latches.

Thanks. That's about what DH and I figured. If they had put more drawers in, we would eventually have to replace them with something of better quality anyway, so it's just as well to do it right ourselves.

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
Drawers are too expensive to install properly, and the el-cheapo versions break and fly out during transit, so they just don't put a lot of them in. Get good slides. Mount them well, use good positive latches.
-CHR$

Glamping
Explorer
Explorer
It took us a while to find a TT that met the requirements of myself and DH. My primary concern was storage. DH had certain roof and siding construction requirements. We did finally find something to please us both in the Keystone Bullet. That said, we have made several modifications and will be making many more.

The only vent fan in the trailer was in the bathroom, so we had two fantastic fans installed, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. While we were at it, we had a slide awning added.

We turned the bathroom door upside down so that it would open the other way. I'm not sure why they had it open out into the living area so that if the door is open, you get a nice view of the toilet, instead of opening towards the bedroom door.

Then there was the medicine cabinet. Yes, I'm short, but don't other short people buy TTs? I could see myself in the mirror from the nose up. Thankfully, DH is handy and was able to install a larger medicine cabinet.

We've discovered that the kitchen outlets are located too high for our appliance cords to reach, necessitating installation of some power strips.

DH had to reinforce the board on top of the "nightstand" beside the bed, as it's necessary for me to kneel on it to reach the overhead cabinets, but the original panel was extremely light weight. He then replaced the flimsy wood supporting the mattress.

I'm wondering what the manufacturers have against a few drawers. I suppose they would have to charge more. We have plans for DH to add 8-10 drawers in a 24 foot trailer.

The under-bed storage is nearly impossible for one person to utilize alone, and pretty difficult for two. It will get some modification over the winter.

We've installed some coat hooks, shelving in the cupboards, a wall clock, a key rack by the door, will need to figure out some shoe storage.

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking of putting some sort of receiver on the REAR bumper of the TT to store the thing... Wouldn't take much... I had been storing it on top of the bumper behind the spare tire, but now I have a plastic ammo box hose clamped there to store the clear 45* coupler and ground adapter for my waste hose.
-CHR$

dmullen
Explorer
Explorer
trnfla wrote:

This is what my friend uses to store her hitch/ It's call EzStorHitch

That is a really neat setup, secures the bars too. My problem would be I use the entire battery tray area for dual gc batteries.

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer

This is what my friend uses to store her hitch/ It's call EzStorHitch
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW

bbaley
Explorer
Explorer
sparechange wrote:
Got my hitch and generator from them, smooth transaction and by far the fastest free shipping I have ever had buying stuff on the internet. Almost like they knew what I was gonna buy before I bought it and they were waiting down the street with it already, almost creepy. So I would recommend but prepare yourself for some wicked fast shipping that can only be explained by voodoo or dark arts of some sort.
You've been warned.......

Right on!
Our Equipment:
2007 model Chiweenie

sparechange
Explorer
Explorer
Got my hitch and generator from them, smooth transaction and by far the fastest free shipping I have ever had buying stuff on the internet. Almost like they knew what I was gonna buy before I bought it and they were waiting down the street with it already, almost creepy. So I would recommend but prepare yourself for some wicked fast shipping that can only be explained by voodoo or dark arts of some sort.
You've been warned.......
2009 duramax, 2016 creekside 23dbs, 1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog, 1 cat, 2 guinea pigs

pchartrand
Explorer II
Explorer II
bbaley wrote:
the site
www.diyersonline.com

seems to have a lot of useful and interesting RV parts and pieces and the prices seem surprisingly low.

Has anyone here ordered from/dealt with them before ?

Do you mean http://www.dyersonline.com/ ?

The link you list does not work...
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Duramax)

bbaley
Explorer
Explorer
the site
www.diyersonline.com

seems to have a lot of useful and interesting RV parts and pieces and the prices seem surprisingly low.

Has anyone here ordered from/dealt with them before ?
Our Equipment:
2007 model Chiweenie