cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cooper AT3 XLT

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone got any experience or know of having these tires ,its time for new ones . Have never run a Cooper tire . Heard good things , as long as I can get some decent mileage out of them with some fifth wheel towing I would be happy ,that ,and they are quiet .
52 REPLIES 52

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
You should be happy with your decision.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies .

Got the Coopers installed today , the initial opinion is good .Smooth & quiet . It was a toss up between the Cooper ,and Nitto Ridge Grappler ,the Cooper won out . I buy my truck tires from the same place, have for years . I asked them for their opinion on the tires , it was a pretty simple answer , the Nittos' are more aggressive tread pattern , and will give you less miles . The Cooper with a less aggressive tread pattern will give me more miles . Easy decision , knowing that the Cooper is the same tire as the Toyo AT2's that I just replaced , they did all I need as far as traction goes .

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
On my 3rd winter with mine. Absolutely nothing to complain about.
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

JUSTWORK
Explorer
Explorer
These are on my dually and love them.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I run Coopers on both my F350 landscape trucks. I think the AT3 XLTs are the best tire I've ever run. I have ATPs on my other F350 but the AT3 XLTs are even better.

Got them from Discount Tire. They're E rated 285-65-18s. Excellent traction in everything from snow, mud, rain, to dry.

I've had BFGs, Good Years, Falkens, Nexens, and probably a few others. But I hope Cooper never stops making these.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
My son's 305-65-18 Cooper AT3's are quiet on his lifted 1500 reg cab. Not recalling if I had the 2 or 3 in the stock 245-75-16 on my C2500. They also were quiet. I got around pretty good in Seattle WET snow all thing considering I had an open rear diff.
I really don't think you'll have any issues with them.

Marty

Thanks. Im thinking Iโ€™m going to see pretty much the same thing I saw with the Toyo , possibly a few more miles.

I mean, we don't get that Champagne Powder here like you all. Although from what I've seen this year, it's pretty much stopped snowing in Utah altogether...
If you're really after wintertime traction, short of studs, the best thing you can do is go ginsu on your treads. Tire siping is like one of the few simple wonders left in this world! LOL

No, snow is not a factor for me here in Utah , it hasnโ€™t been out in the snow for quite awhile , sits in the garage most of the winter , or a trip to Arizona . Only way Iโ€™d worry about snow is if I got got in a storm going to Arizona In the winter , and I make sure the weather forecast looks good before I hook up the fifth wheel , and go .The only reason for that truck to leave the garage is just to drive it once a week in the winter ,so not to let it sit too long . 64k in 8 years is not a lot of driving .

So getting AT type tires is truly just for looks?
If so, I'd buy a set of takeoff tires or takeoff tires and wheels and have me a brand new set of tires for less than half price of a top of the line AT tires.

I do hunt a bit still, and although not like years past ,where I was needing a good traction tire , and many times chained all four. Now with ATV's ,and such not the demand on the truck it used to be. We camp lower with the truck, and do our hunting up high with the ATv's . Possibly we see some snow on the October deer hunt, but it's not the factor it once was . But I fish a lot ,and pulling down to a river ,or lake been in a bit of mud or sand . Want something with a little traction . But as said ,snow is not much of a factor during the winter .

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Toyo Open Country A/T"

Where are these made?

Toyo owns Nitto so there's a good chance they're made in the USA just like Nitto's.

My 98 2wd RAM had TOYO When I bought it. Not sure the name but came from good ol LesSchwab and were Made In CHINA.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Toyo Open Country A/T"

Where are these made?

Toyo owns Nitto so there's a good chance they're made in the USA just like Nitto's.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
cummins2014 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
My son's 305-65-18 Cooper AT3's are quiet on his lifted 1500 reg cab. Not recalling if I had the 2 or 3 in the stock 245-75-16 on my C2500. They also were quiet. I got around pretty good in Seattle WET snow all thing considering I had an open rear diff.

Marty

Thanks. Im thinking Iโ€™m going to see pretty much the same thing I saw with the Toyo , possibly a few more miles.

I mean, we don't get that Champagne Powder here like you all. Although from what I've seen this year, it's pretty much stopped snowing in Utah altogether...
If you're really after wintertime traction, short of studs, the best thing you can do is go ginsu on your treads. Tire siping is like one of the few simple wonders left in this world! LOL

No, snow is not a factor for me here in Utah , it hasnโ€™t been out in the snow for quite awhile , sits in the garage most of the winter , or a trip to Arizona . Only way Iโ€™d worry about snow is if I got got in a storm going to Arizona In the winter , and I make sure the weather forecast looks good before I hook up the fifth wheel , and go .The only reason for that truck to leave the garage is just to drive it once a week in the winter ,so not to let it sit too long . 64k in 8 years is not a lot of driving .

So getting AT type tires is truly just for looks?
If so, I'd buy a set of takeoff tires or takeoff tires and wheels and have me a brand new set of tires for less than half price of a top of the line AT tires.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
blt2ski wrote:

Marty

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Toyo Open Country A/T"

Where are these made?

Pretty sure Japan .

Just looking at them again , as far as I can tell the LT 275/70/18 is no longer available in the Toyo AT2 , just the AT3 . I was considering going again with the Toyo AT2 , I know what Iโ€™m getting , and other then not that impressive on mileage , Iโ€™m probably not going to do much better with anything else .

It looks like Iโ€™ll go with those Cooper AT3 XLT

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm on my second set of Cooper AT3's. I've been real happy with them. I got about 50k out of the 1st set, and I've got about 40k and still going on the second set. No issues with them, and I'm horrible about not rotating them.
They are made in the US, and that is a big plus to me.
I've also got a set of STT Pros on a jeep, and they are some beastly tires, but ride amazingly quiet for how aggressive they are.
Cooper did get bought by Goodyear last summer, but my tire dealer says it has not changed anything yet.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Toyo Open Country A/T"

Where are these made?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
cummins2014 wrote:
blt2ski wrote:

Marty

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold