cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

corrugated sheet material

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
what is the name of the corrugated sheet material used to cover the bottom of the trailer and are there any ideas what tape will stick to it
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch
14 REPLIES 14

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer

Airstreamer67
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't have good results with Gorilla tape after a few months of heat and rain. I finally punched a few small holes along both sides of the cuts and used a few plastic zip-ties to "stitch" my belly together again. That worked.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Coroplast comes in various thickness and colors, and is usually sold in 4'x8' sheets. I have been able to find it at a few different places in Spokane, WA, one of which has warehouse pricing. I'm sure if it's that available around here, it's gotta be available everywhere.

I have a couple sheets in my garage right now. That stuff comes in handy for many different uses.

As for tape, Gorilla tape has worked well for me under there too. But if you want it to last, Eternabond will.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
The best tape I have found is called scrim tape. Available from Amazon.
Gorilla tape is great stuff, but it didn't last long under the trailer in my case.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
If you have multiple sign shops in your area, shop around. I got quotes ranging from $16 to $64. I believe Home Depot carries white sheets of Coroplast.

I did a search with Home Depot. That stuff ain't cheap! Wow! If I ever have to replace mine, I think I'll just use 1/4 inch plywood! Wow!

Click here.

Dutch, most plywood has a dislike for water, coroplast is able to take the drenching it gets underneath the tt as you go down the road.

DS, those prices at HD were for a 5 pack or a 3 pack of the thicker sheets. You would have to use marine ply or pressure treated ply and the extra weight would not be good and the cost would also be up there.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
factoryrvsurplus.com

Look under repair parts then underbelly.

$4.00 per ft.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
A buddy replaced the coroplast with thin galvanized metal on his fifth wheel. I am sure he added some weight but he was happy with the result.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
If you have multiple sign shops in your area, shop around. I got quotes ranging from $16 to $64. I believe Home Depot carries white sheets of Coroplast.

I did a search with Home Depot. That stuff ain't cheap! Wow! If I ever have to replace mine, I think I'll just use 1/4 inch plywood! Wow!

Click here.

Dutch, most plywood has a dislike for water, coroplast is able to take the drenching it gets underneath the tt as you go down the road.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Mortimer Brewster wrote:

Click here.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, Kerri, I can't tear it...must use scissors. "Round" the edges.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I put "Gorilla" brand duct tape on mine. Was supposed to be temp fix. That was 3 years ago. RV dealer had to order, stopped in at commercial sign store and was available and lots cheaper.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Try the "Gorilla" brand duct tape, it seems to stick to most things and is very tear resistant.

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
Corplast is a corrugated plastic sheet. That might be what you are looking for.
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired