cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Creekside 26 RLS - potential problem?

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
We are trading our wonderful, old TT shown in my signature. Been a great TT for us, but it's old and time to move on. We are scheduled to trade it in for a new Creekside 26RLS on June 1.

Yesterday we went to the dealership with our tape measure to make plans on how we will store stuff when we get it, etc. As we finished and I was walking away I noticed something that gave me pause. Wondering if other Creekside owners can enlighten me.

The Pop Out was out, and as I walked by I noticed that the sewer spout and one of the control handles (don't know if it was gray or black water handle) were easily accessible in front of the forward drivers side tire. Not seeing the other black/gray handle next to the sewer outlet, I looked around and finally found the other handle behind the rear wheel, waaaaay back out of reach under the outstretched Pop Out.

Unless there is an easy answer here, I got to thinking I probably have two choices to access the sewer control handle if I want to empty that tank at the campsite when the Pop Out extended out: (1) crawl under the extended Pop Out, or (2) bring in the Pop Out so I can reach it.

When we are camped in our current Trail Bay all sewer connections and controls are easily accessed with the Pop Out extended. It's easy to empty the gray water after a shower, etc.

Then I got to wondering, what if I wanted to do the same thing in this new Creekside at the ocean and it's cold and pouring down rain? Crawling under that Pop Outin order to pull out that handle is unacceptable to me.

Can someone please help me understand the sewer controls on this new Creekside? Other than this problem that I have been mulling, my wife and I love this TT and have been looking forward to getting it. But if emptying the bowels of the TT when we are camped is the problem that I think it could be, that would be a deal breaker for me.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!
8 REPLIES 8

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
It's good that all is well, but it seems to me your dealer should have been able to give you the same information and explain the valve layout right then and there when you were looking the trailer over.

Enjoy your new Creekside! ๐Ÿ™‚

If we had an Outdoors RV dealership here in the east, I would have possibly went with a Creekside.

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to finally talk to someone on the phone at the dealership and was told that both sewer controls are next to the sewer discharge . Apparently the black water handle is set back a bit, but "both controls are easily accessible even with the Pop Out extended." That's good news. The handle I saw way back underneath the Pop Out is the potable water release. That's good news as well because on my present TT I need to crawl part way under the back to turn a ball valve to empty the potable water.

Both of us are excited to get this new TT as we have been researching and looking for quite a while. We really liked what we saw in this Creekside.

Thank you to those who responded to my question.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
dup.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
They do make cable operated valves so you can put the handle where you want it. It would have cost the manufacturer a few dollars more. You might want to install one.

patricks99
Explorer
Explorer
Our layout is similar to yours (wilderness 26rls) same issue, i just deal with it. I hook up the hoses so all i need to do is get under and pull the handle, or if not in a park with full hookups I just let the honey wagon come by and they take care of all of it.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of times there isn't a choice as to where it has to be... The manufacturer has many competing things to consider. The tank location may be where it is to help maintain good weight distribution (not everyone can dump at camp) whatever is plumbed into it, slide room hardware etc.
My TT has one valve like that. Of course I have four 42 gallon waste tanks and a 42 gallon fresh water tank... So they were running out of room with mine. LOL.

But I wouldn't let this be a deal breaker. There are electric valves you can install, and the on off switch can be put most anywhere.
You would need to hook up your hose before extending the slide when setting up camp, but the dumping would be as simple as flipping a switch.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a Creekside, but I believe what you see is what you get. (The inconvenient location of the drain valves.)

Incredible disbelief what some of the RV manufacturers are thinking! :h

On my new Arctic Fox 25R, the potable water tank drain valve is located almost dead center underneath the trailer. It is an 1-1/2" knife valve. You have to crawl under to reach the "T" handle and when you pull it, you get a splash bath before you can get out from under the trailer. And the valve is glued on at such an angel, I can't even rig up an extension handle coming out to the side of the trailer. :S

PAAK
Explorer
Explorer
jamesu, I have never heard of that or seen that. On mine 2011 23RKS, both handles are positioned toward the front of the tire, and my water tank drain is in front of them but a little more offset under the camper. That must be a new design (flaw
) that creekside is using.
2011 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel
2011 Creek Side 23RKS