cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cummins Water Pump

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
Finally. I got a call from my service advisor letting me know they actually have the new style pump and set me up for tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything from FCA though. I absolutely love my truck, but slightly less than thrilled with FCA and how this recall has been handled and drug out. I received my initial recall notice end of September and here it is mid March. I hope to never need them again.
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10’s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!
108 REPLIES 108

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Called the dealer and my truck's VIN was not on the list. Were some trucks not effected?

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
Had mine replaced last week at a dealer. Not a big deal.
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Rangerman40 wrote:
Well I had the countdown timer down to 9 miles left by the time I got it to the dealer so I'm not convinced that nothing happens.

I wouldn't either, but for whatever reason the countdown quit on mine twice, although it was a bit unnerving anyway not knowing whats going on .

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Well I had the countdown timer down to 9 miles left by the time I got it to the dealer so I'm not convinced that nothing happens.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
FYI, your truck won't go into limp mode. The countdown timer will stop long before zero and nothing happens. Mine was a faulty sensor as well, if I remember correctly, and replaced quickly and painlessly under warranty.

He was down to 23 miles ,and counting. So I don't believe every case is the same.

I have went into the countdown twice, and as you say the countdown went away, and nothing happened, other then the check engine light remained. But it never got close to 23 miles.

Both times ,there was nothing wrong, threw a P207F code ,bad DEF. DEF was checked by the dealer, and was okay , truck was reset ,flashed whatever. No faulty sensors, nothing other than a very glitchy emission system. Have had no other issues since the SCR recall, if that had anything to do with it, have no idea.

Now if the dealer could get some water pumps, I can get THAT recall done.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
FYI, your truck won't go into limp mode. The countdown timer will stop long before zero and nothing happens. Mine was a faulty sensor as well, if I remember correctly, and replaced quickly and painlessly under warranty.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Little update... got the truck back and was told that the gasket around the DEF injector failed and was leaking which caused the check engine lights and the "incorrect DEF message on the EVIC.. Seemed a little far fetched for a small leak to make my truck go into limp mode, but that's what they told me. No charge, so that's as close as a confession to them effing up the SCR recall as I'm gonna get.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Probably the mechanic , not the truck.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rangerman40 wrote:
Had my water pump and SCR done three weeks ago. I've been back to the dealer once for a low coolant light so they topped it off. It of course has come back on again and now the truck is tossing out emissions codes like that's it's job. To top all that off I got the "Imcorrect DEF" light right about an hour in to our vacation so I managed to get home and get the fifth wheel put back in storage with 23 miles left before it goes into limp mode...... just enough to make it to the dealer. I'm seriously considering trading it in for a gasser after all this.

Some dealer techs(and I use the term tech lightly) seem to have a hard time following the SCR recall instructions correctly. Tell them to check each and every step of the instructions again.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Had my water pump and SCR done three weeks ago. I've been back to the dealer once for a low coolant light so they topped it off. It of course has come back on again and now the truck is tossing out emissions codes like that's it's job. To top all that off I got the "Imcorrect DEF" light right about an hour in to our vacation so I managed to get home and get the fifth wheel put back in storage with 23 miles left before it goes into limp mode...... just enough to make it to the dealer. I'm seriously considering trading it in for a gasser after all this.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
In and out one hour forty minutes including service . Next morn I added one quart of coolant ! No big deal !

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
Greene728 wrote:
Finally. I got a call from my service advisor letting me know they actually have the new style pump and set me up for tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything from FCA though. I absolutely love my truck, but slightly less than thrilled with FCA and how this recall has been handled and drug out. I received my initial recall notice end of September and here it is mid March. I hope to never need them again.

Lucky you. I made my appointment about 3 weeks ago, after I got the paperwork saying they are ready to do the water pump thing. This morning (Sat.) I got a call from the service manager saying they hadn't got the parts in yet, but I'm on the list. I also love my truck, but this is at least the fourth re-call, and it's getting kind of old.

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
HI All. The dealer installed the new water pump last week. Also added coolant and ask for me to drive a few miles to insure the coolant level was correct. All good. Jim2007.
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:
Mine goes in Tuesday for the water pump and SCR so my fingers are crossed!

Got it back Wednesday with new SCR, water pump, and coolant level right on the mark. Now it's time to get the camper out of storage!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
T51 waterpump and T79 shift interlock both done today.

In and out in 2 hrs. Tech said it takes longer to burp it then to change the pump. Fluid level perfect...no issues...happy camper 🙂
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion