cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dave Smith Motors has been sold

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Nope. Not April Fools. Dave Smith Motors has been sold. It appears volume pricing is staying. I bought my 2006 Megacab new there.

Dave Smith Sold
5 REPLIES 5

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the usual advertisements on local television.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
W4RLR wrote:
I always hear their commercials on SiriusXM. What is so special about them? Me being a Ford/VW/Volvo man it doesn't seem like they sell anything I would go to Idaho to get.

On my 2006 Dodge Megacab Cummins I saved $15k vs local dealer. Some people use the Dave Smith price to negotiate with local dealers. Per the article, the private equity group plans to own at least one of every manufacturer dealership and take the Dave Smith model nationwide.

In theory you could take the private equity group Ford pricing to negotiate with your favorite local dealer.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Steve76eb wrote:
Didn't Dennis Dillon have better prices and more convenient to get to?
Many of us that live in the Boise area and have been to one of the Dennis Dillon stores, know better than to return for another session of super HIGH pressure sales. I would drive 500 miles to another dealer, before I subject myself or my wife to their sales tactics again.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
I always hear their commercials on SiriusXM. What is so special about them? Me being a Ford/VW/Volvo man it doesn't seem like they sell anything I would go to Idaho to get.
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't Dennis Dillon have better prices and more convenient to get to?