cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop or no Drop

gdeal
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Infiniti QX4. It's like the 2001-2004 Nissan Pathfinder. I used a 2" drop when I had my 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
I don't know if I will go to a 1" drop or NO drop.
I can go by trial and error but I was wondering if someone already had the same kind of vehicle and then they could just tell me.
2015 Lexus RX350
2011 Forest River Flagstaff MAC 228D
5 REPLIES 5

gdeal
Explorer
Explorer
DougE wrote:
Adjust the jack on the trailer so the frame is level to the ground. Measure the distance to the top of the hitch ball connector. The top of the ball on your hitch should be this height or slightly higher, assuming you will use a WD hitch to level the rigs after hooking up.

Thanks. I'll try this.
2015 Lexus RX350
2011 Forest River Flagstaff MAC 228D

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
The wife had the same vehicle and you CAN use a WD hitch with it, though we never tried as we never towed with it. It has the conventional frame like a truck. Don't know the answer to the OP's question, but I would get the 1" drop to start and flip it over if it's too low.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Adjust the jack on the trailer so the frame is level to the ground. Measure the distance to the top of the hitch ball connector. The top of the ball on your hitch should be this height or slightly higher, assuming you will use a WD hitch to level the rigs after hooking up.
Currently Between RVs

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Its a small pup. No wdh can be used on Mac pups.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
No one can answer this question since part of the equation depends on the profile of the trailer.