Explorer
No questions all done
18 REPLIES 18

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
I have received excellent battery service/buys for 3 trucks over the years from O'Reilly's autos and they also refer to my AGM batteries as dry cell as do I meaning no water needed for maintenance as they are sealed. I love dry and hate the wet. Many items and places have different names for the same thing dudes.

Like this one that says AGM right on the label?

Yes the Super start is in all my 3 trucks. I have often received free maintenance from the auto store staff in Reno in addition to battery installation. Fast and friendly service every time.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
egh33 wrote:
I guess we can quit guessing. It's all settled. The man from the RV sales said he would stop by tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for all the info.

Lolโ€ฆas long as youโ€™re happy, weโ€™re happyโ€ฆ
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
I have received excellent battery service/buys for 3 trucks over the years from O'Reilly's autos and they also refer to my AGM batteries as dry cell as do I meaning no water needed for maintenance as they are sealed. I love dry and hate the wet. Many items and places have different names for the same thing dudes.

Like this one that says AGM right on the label?

LScamper
Explorer
Explorer
My old radio used dry cells. It had three, A cell, B cell and C cell. Probably not what he is talking about.
Lou

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess we don't get to know what he has.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
egh33 wrote:
I guess we can quit guessing. It's all settled. The man from the RV sales said he would stop by tomorrow.

Please have him write down the make, chemistry and size of the batteries.

It would be good to know what converter (battery charger) you have, too.

You do have a log book?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lwiddis wrote:
Gels are rare IMO, Don. Havenโ€™t seen one in the field in at least two years.

I agree--but they are sometimes advertised as "dry".
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

egh33
Explorer
Explorer

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, curious as to what a 'dry' cell actually is.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
OP needs to figure out what he has first.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gels are rare IMO, Don. Havenโ€™t seen one in the field in at least two years.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Are you sure you don't mean gel cells?

I'd fully charge then disconnect the batteries.
Regards, Don

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
A dry cell battery is a flashlight battery. You have either maintenance free flooded lead acid (not a good choice), AGM (likely), or Luthium.
Only leave them plugged in with a good 3 stage charger. AGM won't freeze.