cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dutchmen Aerolite 7 1998

TheNeedtoRV
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there own anything similiar? Not sure how to get to the battery....got questions about the heat (I found the thermostat but can't locate the actual heater), what kind of sealants to use on roof and windows, need a connector to hook up the propane tank (I have a picture of the hose),etc. Thanks
1 REPLY 1

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve never heard of an Aerolite โ€œ7โ€ so canโ€™t help you with the specifics, but I can give you some general info.
Google what an RV furnace looks like. It has a very distinctive exhaust that will be visible in the sidewall on the outside of the trailer. Note where that is and look inside the trailer in the same spot for a removable panel (possibly w/air vents and held in by a couple of screws). The furnace is behind that panel. Mine is behind a panel right under the frig.

The connector for the propane should be readily available from any RV dealer. Take some photos of what the hookup looks like on your trailer and the parts guy should have whatever you need.

Sealants - once again, tell the RV dealer what you want to seal and he can help you out. Stick with โ€œdicorโ€ products and you canโ€™t go wrong. Also, google โ€œdicorโ€ on advice for product along with preparation instructions and installation advice. Remember, meticulous surface preparation is the key to a successful outcome.

99% of the time the battery is on the tongue of the trailer.