cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical issues

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks I'm back again. Its been about 4 years now since I sold my Wind River TT. Thought I would never own another trailer but guess what I do. Anyway I purchased a 2000 Mallard 26E. It was in emmaculate condition and everything worked perfect. Even came with a 4000 watt Onan generator. Now I can boondoggle. So I took it out on our first trip and all went great. I got home and put it away. Went to check on it a couple weeks later and realized I didn't shut off the hot water heater or the master power switch. So the batteries are stone dead, And I'm not sure if I didn't burn up the hot water heater. It has 2 6volt deep cycle batteries run in series. I got them all charged back up and installed. Now everything works except the AC which worked awesome before and the microwave. All the interior lights work except for 1 wall light. The slide works to. I checked all the fuses and breakers and all seems good. Any ideas from you folks would help. I sure hope I didn't do to much damage. Its such a nice trailer.
2000 Mallard 26E
2015 Chevy Silverado 1500
9 REPLIES 9

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
Good news! I brought my TT down to my place today and plugged it in to shore power. Everything works as it should. Also I found on my generator that the circuit breaker had tripped. That's why nothing would run off it. Thinking that when the batteries went dead it may have tripped it. But everything is up and working and we are getting ready for our next trip to the Washington coast. Thanks everyone for all you input.
2000 Mallard 26E

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
Everything works other then the AC and micro. It worked great before this issue. My trailer is set up to run off the generator.. Worked fine till this happened. Batteries are fully charged. I don't have shore power where its at but it ran before on generator power. I'm gonna bring it home this next weekend and see what happens. I will plug her in and see what happens. It was fine till I made this mistake. Its just weird that this stuff happens It worked great on the generator before but not now.
2000 Mallard 26E

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
You said in your original post that you have the batteries "all charged up and ready to go" are these the same batteries you described as stone dead? Maybe they aren't all charged up and ready to accept a load.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Timtation
Explorer
Explorer
Just to rule out the generator as a problem can you plug into shorepower? If not check the voltage from the generator as you add load, it may have a problem. Also are the gas bottles filled? No gas no furnace.

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
I tried the furnace. Nothing. I'm really wondering what is going on.
2000 Mallard 26E

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
I'm wondering. I am going to turn the propane on and see if my furnace works. It should come on with the propane on and run off the batteries? If it doesn't come on then I think I may have a bad thermostat. Any other suggestions? Once again thanks for any input.
2000 Mallard 26E

jorge1958
Explorer
Explorer
Well my generator has an outlet to plug my trailer into. My AC worked fine when i had it plugged into the generator. Now nothing. All my stuff worked fine when plugged into the generator. Now nothing.
2000 Mallard 26E

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
downtheroad wrote:
Are you plugged into shore power....110V?
AC and microwave won't run on battery only.

Ditto^^^^^^^

Plus water heater will be OK if you left it full of water.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Are you plugged into shore power....110V?
AC and microwave won't run on battery only.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro