cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency help please!!

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
My heater on trailer, when it starts, just has really noisy sound. I immerdiatey turn off the thermostat, the sound was off as the heater regularly reached the designated temperature. The noisy sound had happened before, sometimes in the midnight just woke me up. But never like this loud.
2017 Coachmen Clipper, just bought it last October, full time RV, barely travel, 1-2 times since bought.
My question is can I still turn on the heater for the night? What is the possible reason?
17 REPLIES 17

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If its a Suburban, the below link show you how to remove it.

http://www.loveyourrv.com/suburban-rv-furnace-removal/

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Normally the furnace has to be completely removed to be worked on.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
Just check with dealer, we have 1 year manufacture warranty, and furnace 2-year warranty with Airxcel. But we are not able to tow out the RV from snow. (Mobile service fee is not covered)
We check the furnace today, and found small piece of fan was come out (broken). But I am not able to reach the fan place.
Any website/link for reference to do it by ourselves?

Thanks

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
if your not good at this type repair? call a mobil tech in your area,most are pretty smart guys and they don,t break the bank.

We do basic home heater repair, just ask cuz my partner is not here and didn't hear the sound. Good to hear there is mobile tech, but really not possible for the weather right now.

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
check the metal retaining clip ring around the hub of the exhaust wheel cage fan. It might have broke causing the fan to shift and rub.

Will check, thanks!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
check the metal retaining clip ring around the hub of the exhaust wheel cage fan. It might have broke causing the fan to shift and rub.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if your not good at this type repair? call a mobil tech in your area,most are pretty smart guys and they don,t break the bank.

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a heater fan, could spend tonight. Will open it tomoro to see what's going on.

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe use an electric heater from Walmart.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Fan motor might be bad but it could be the blower rubbing on the housing. Either way you can run it if necessary.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
If you could get a bit of oil to the fan bearings, it might buy you some time.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the squirrel cage, bearing.. You can probably run it but will just be annoying..

Or run some electric heaters..
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take it in for warranty service. Or wear ear noise protection.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

VictoriaChan
Explorer
Explorer
FrankShore wrote:
Chances are the heater is still under original mfgs warranty. I'd have it looked at immediately - even if the original warranty has expired as the problem is not likely to go away on its own.

Should within the warranty time, but due to the weather (12inch snow), I don't think this could be solved in a few days. I am trying to find the possible reasons for the sound, we do have enough tool to open and check it tomorrow. And whether I should grab another heater to spend tonight??