cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exhaust Brake Problem

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
I have a problem with my exhaust brake on my 2007 Ram, I think that I have a blown gasket somewhere along the system, anyone have a recommendation for a service near Menifee, California?
Thanks
Michael
2007 Dodge 3500 Quad 6.7 L Cummins
2012 Montana 3750FL
My mind keeps writing checks my body won't cash.
6 REPLIES 6

mamestra
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies it is a factory installed exhaust brake, I'm just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with any of the Dodge dealers in the area. Thanks Michael
2007 Dodge 3500 Quad 6.7 L Cummins
2012 Montana 3750FL
My mind keeps writing checks my body won't cash.

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
What brand of exhaust brake? If it's Jacobs look up the local Cummins dealer.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't want to use a Ram dealer, I'd go to Cummins Pacific. They are usually cheaper for parts than the dealer anyway.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
is it friday yet? wrote:
I would sign up for CumminsForum.com and ask your question. There's a lot of good information on that site.

X2

In mean time...This is after market add on right? My exhaust brake spit out the threaded plug at the test port and we didn't know it and made one heck of a racket and it also burned a hole in insulation. If that's your problem after looking at it and you have a Pac Brake send me PM. I'll show you the fix on mine that Pac Brake said was great.

My 2007.5 Dodge has the factory exhaust brake.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

path1
Explorer
Explorer
is it friday yet? wrote:
I would sign up for CumminsForum.com and ask your question. There's a lot of good information on that site.

X2

In mean time...This is after market add on right? My exhaust brake spit out the threaded plug at the test port and we didn't know it and made one heck of a racket and it also burned a hole in insulation. If that's your problem after looking at it and you have a Pac Brake send me PM. I'll show you the fix on mine that Pac Brake said was great.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS