cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Wheel Hitch - tried searcing

EricCO
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm sure this has been asked but I could not find with a search.

Want to put a fifth wheel hitch in bed that is easy to remove so I can drop truck camper in it when we want to use truck camper. Looks like the mounting rails are bolted to bed so that probably doesn't seem too easy to remove without wrenching on it.

Anything like what I'm needing exist out there?
2002 Ford F-350 CC LB PSD 2007 Travel Lite 960rx Ultra 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS
17 REPLIES 17

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
B&W makes a removable hitch. My bed has one from the previous owner. It all comes out, but they aren’t light.

I use a rubber mat over the hole.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Pullrite with under bed mount system.

(1) Remove hitch.

(2) Remove 4 mount pins.

Clear bed.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

Bedlam
There are two-part hitches where the hitch head and cradle separate to make them lighter. Anderson fifth wheel hitches are lighter but some people feel they are not up to the task.

If your truck has pucks or a gooseneck to mount a hitch, you have almost a flat surface and not much to push up on the under side of the camper. If you have to install rails, you will need to build up the bed surface to those rails before loading the camper.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD