cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally......a good way to carry extra gas (mod)!

threeaces
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted to share a simple modification (addition), but one that solves a huge problem.

I recently bought an Arctic Fox 811 and opted to order it with the generator compartment, but without the generator. My reasons were cost, noise, and the fact that I really like my Yamaha 2000w generator. I knew this would be a great place to transport the Yamaha, but like many of us truck camper owners struggled to figure a good way to carry extra gas.

Tonight I installed a 3 gallon RotoPax can and locking mount. I wasnโ€™t crazy about drilling into the side of my new camper so I opted to mount to the rear access door. I figured if I make a mistake mounting it would be far less toutble than making a mistake drilling into the main siding. Also, the location worked well with being out of the way from the ladder, steps, propane bbq, etc.

Here are some pictures. Note, I reinforced the inside of the door with sheet metal. Handling the weight seems like it wonโ€™t be an issue.

Derek
Wife & 2 boys
2017 Dodge 3500 SRW Quad Cab SB diesel
Hellwig sway bar, Firestone Airbags, Stableloafs, Vision 19.5 wheels w/ Toyo M920โ€™s.
2019 Arctic Fox 811, Torklift holding everything down.
2010 20โ€™ Willie Predator w/ 200 hp jet
1979 Honda Trail 90
62 REPLIES 62

threeaces
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
You did a nice job on it but I don't think that very back of any vehicle is a safe place for a gas can.

JMHO, best of luck to you.

Scott

Then donโ€™t follow so close, JMHO.
Derek
Wife & 2 boys
2017 Dodge 3500 SRW Quad Cab SB diesel
Hellwig sway bar, Firestone Airbags, Stableloafs, Vision 19.5 wheels w/ Toyo M920โ€™s.
2019 Arctic Fox 811, Torklift holding everything down.
2010 20โ€™ Willie Predator w/ 200 hp jet
1979 Honda Trail 90

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You did a nice job on it but I don't think that very back of any vehicle is a safe place for a gas can.

JMHO, best of luck to you.

Scott

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Nice, like it.
Good job...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website