cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding water leaks.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
The week when flushing antifreeze, I had a pinhole leak in the hot water line where the pipe came through the floor under the bathroom sink.

I fixed it, but the pump cycles about every two minutes.

That probably means I have another leak. I can close hot water valves at water heater to isolate hot or cold but then what?

The trailer is 9 years old and this the first water lead I have had.

I am pulling the access panels and hoping it is not in the subfloor.

Any suggestions?
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.
4 REPLIES 4

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X@ do those things befor you start taking the rv apart.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Could also be check valve between city water or tank water. Make sure you have the cap on the exterior city hose fitting on the outside of your camper.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
The check valve in the water pump may be leaking.

Big_Dog2
Explorer
Explorer
I once had a similar issue. I was purging the water lines with fresh water, then left the pump on to see if there were any leaks. The pump cycled every one or two minutes. I had not yet filled the water heater and was flushing the system in by-pass mode. I was unable to find any leaks anywhere. I filled the water heater with water and then left the pump on and the pump cycling stopped. I never did find a leak anywhere and have concluded that the by-pass valve must have been leaking very slowly into the empty water heater. Once filled, problem gone. I sincerely hope your issue is resolved as easily and cheaply as mine. Hope this helps.
I am living proof that you are never too old to do something foolish.