cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood?

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
An episode on Science Channel's "How It's Made" showed manufacture of tent trailers. The brand being assembled was Fleetwood. Is someone still in the business of producing Fleetwood PUPS, or towables of any kind?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B
5 REPLIES 5

drae0814
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood not in business anymore people say so many bad thing about them, the good thing is i live in Southern California so not much ran so i never had any problems with the (2) i have owned over the years I kind of miss the pup opening all the window for 365 view that you can only get in a pup
enjoy life while you can:D

05 Dodge HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Dutchmen Colorado 5th wheel 37 ft

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
It is true that Fleetwood Folding Campers once known and owned by Coleman is out of business and now owned by Columbia Northwest and they are built in the same plant the Aliner is built in Southwestern Pa. The name Somerset came from Somerset Pa where the original Coleman then Fleetwood Camping trailers were built. The new Somerset Camping Trailers are built 15 minutes from the original plant. The issues with the ABS roofs were from Coleman in the late 80's thru the 90's. The ABS roof is long gone as they went to a fiberglass/filon roof which is much more durable. I once owned a 2010 Fleetwood Sun Valley and then went with the highwall 2010 Coleman yes coleman Niagara as the company was bought out again by a unvestment company in 2010 which went back to the coleman name and that company just ran it into the ground hence why they are Somerset Trailers today. I will say after owning 2 of them they ARE THE BEST CAMPING TRAILER out there by far. The forest rivers, vikings, and cochmans were what I thought were very low quality compared to the build quality of the colemans/fleetwood/somersets. Very easy to set up and the sunbrella fabric was amazing compared to the competitors vinyls. Roof up beds out and completely set up within 5 minutes. If I were to every go back to a pup I wouldnt look at anything else and If I couldn't find a coleman/fleetwood/somerset I honestly just would not buy it. The only downfall compared to the competitors are that they are pricey but you get what you pay for too. Here are some links to some new ones
http://www.beckleysrvs.com/product/folding-camper/new
http://www.stoltzfus-rec.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory&cat=fold%20down%20camper|camper

Have any questions dont be afraid to ask ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy Camping!!!
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
lfloom wrote:
Somerset RV

These guys bought the plans from the holding company that ran Fleetwood into the ground.

I was interested for a while, but they seemed slow to get going. I gave up and bought a Trailmanor - and no regrets.

Yep, Columbia Northwest (Aliner A-Frame Pop Ups) bought the plans and created Somerset campers but no go yet.

Good riddance, they were built like******next to the competition but I know they had their fan boys. I was looking at my friends where the abs roof was all cracked and the sunbrella had more needle holes than I could believe. I like the vinyl coated tent campers where no worry about leaks or heat blowing through the tent walls (no insulation is bad enough).

The Coachmen Clipper/Viking Pop Ups look very nice but no highwalls.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
Somerset RV

These guys bought the plans from the holding company that ran Fleetwood into the ground.

I was interested for a while, but they seemed slow to get going. I gave up and bought a Trailmanor - and no regrets.

shfd739
Explorer
Explorer
Its an old episode from when they were still in business that gets replayed every so often.
'17 Shadow Cruiser 240BHS
'08 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
โ€˜07 NBS Silverado 2500 Dmax