cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Diesel Maintenance Costs

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
Just had my last oil change and regular service completed at my Ford dealer. When I purchased the truck in 2012 I bought a maintenance program for around $800 that included free oil changes, with DEF, free wiper blades, etc., at each service. Program went 3 years or 46,000 miles.

I got 6 oil changes out of Ford with this program. Was pulling fiver on vacation when I needed one in Oregon and couldn't get in to a Ford Dealer so had to use a diesel service center and pay for it.

Looked at all my service tickets and can't really tell if I came out good or not.

I assume a regular oil change at a Ford Dealer, especially if they top off the DEF and throw on a set of wipers every other change would be will over $150.00.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!
6 REPLIES 6

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
Learn to do normal maintenance yourself and save big bucks. I get the Motorcraft filters as well as the Shell Rotella T6 synthetic oil at O'Reilly. Fuel filters run about $55 for the set, oil filter about $22, and they always seem to have a rebate on the oil.

OTOH, you get bulk dino oil at the dealership and pay $150 plus. No thank you.
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
Man, I feel ripped off when I pay more than 15 bucks for a pair of wipers.my oil costs for shell rotella synthetic is about twenty dollars a gallon. I use3 gallonsper oilchange onmy truck. My filters are about 14 bucks each. Fuel filters are the killer at about 110 bucks for the set. Ford pays are similar in costs compared to my cummins.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

magicmantx
Explorer
Explorer
My local dealer runs specials at 89.00 for the oil change . I do my own def refills . I have had to replace the wiper blades twice and they are quite pricey at 50-60 a pair. So you are basically in line for what it cost you.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I had my 2005 6.0 diesel, it cost $100 at Bell Ford in Phoenix and $150 at Scottsdale Power Ford in Scottsdale.
I think $100 is about average.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Using full synthetic oil, premium wipers and a Motorcraft oil filter, it costs me $104 to do it myself. My dealer used over two quarts too much of the wrong, cheap oil for my first free change. Never again!

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
I don't use Ford, I use an independent shop that specializes in pickup diesels. I pay about $90 for an oil change. Fuel filters, etc... are extra.

I don't think you lost any money. When you are buying almost 4 gallons of oil $50 - $60 is the cost of the oil. Probably another $15-20 for the filter. So around $90 for an oil change.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.