cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forest River Shasta Flyte

Wayne_and_Maure
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any info or experience with this TT ? Camping World is featuring them at discounted prices. Thanks for any help.

wayne
Wayne and Maureen
On the Road
Visit our FullTimer Blog
4 REPLIES 4

Wildhearts1999
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Shasta airflyte and we have been very happy with it. It was produced by forest river for only 1 year.
The only issue is it was made too small since it was retro and the top hat window crank broke. That's it.
The new ones are bigger and I love the layouts. I believe that this may be my next travel trailer.
As far as durability , we live in Florida and we were camping in a tropical storm a few years ago. We never even knew it hit, until the next day when half the camping area was trashed. My husband and I slept right through it.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Wanna brought up all the points I couldn't collect in my mind. Wanna is indeed correct about all those drawbacks. But if it seems like the trailer is going to work for you and you'd be happy with it, go for it.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
If it is indeed a Camping World edition, it is likely to have less options and come just in certain floor plans with basics. If you are looking for a "entry level" trailer, it could be a good deal. If you are looking at upscale, maybe not.. My mom had a camping world edition motor home, and we found that it was not listed in the NADA book when she tried to sell it last fall. If you are planning on financing at your bank/credit union, that might be a concern to them. We discovered this when we were trying to determine sales price, but luckily her buyers ended up being cash buyers (they didn't have to borrow the money). One person who was interested needed tons of information for their bank when they were looking at financing part of it.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to be a specialty RV only made for Camping World as it's not listed in the Forest River products listing:

Forest River

Camping World Link

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer