cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forest River Surveyor 305 - Antenna??

Orcusomega
Explorer
Explorer
This will likely be a FSM (forehead-slapping-moment), but for the life of me, I cannot find this. Dealer is closed, so I will have to wait till tomorrow, so hoping someone here can help me out.

2013 FR Surveyor 305, has the antenna fixed on the roof... I turn on the antenna booster, and get a reg light, not green... and I do not get a signal in the TV.

Any suggestions? I am short on time, with a big trip coming up in 4 days... I just am hoping someone has that "oh yeah, do this" to save me the aggravation of climbing up on the roof to futz with it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

Bob
2013 Forest River Surveyor Select 305 SV
2011 F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD
3 REPLIES 3

Orcusomega
Explorer
Explorer
skipnchar wrote:
It's possible you're just out of range or that the antennae is not correctly AIMED to pick up a signal. I assume you have tried very slowly rotating the antennae and with each movement search of a signal from known channels in your area. Digital signals do not have the range of analog television but if you get any picture at all it should be a perfect one (no more snowy edge of reception stations). Also be sure your TV is set up receive the input from the correct source and let the TV search all available channels.
Good luck / Skip

Thanks! My old TT that I had just traded in got 50+ channels in this very spot, so I know I should see SOMETHING, even static. I will call the dealer tomorrow to see if there is something they can do - thanks!

bob
2013 Forest River Surveyor Select 305 SV
2011 F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
It may not be the same thing happening but we just bought a new Grey Wolf 26BH with the fixed antenna early this year and had the same thing happen. The dealer had to replace the booster and that took care of it.

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
It's possible you're just out of range or that the antennae is not correctly AIMED to pick up a signal. I assume you have tried very slowly rotating the antennae and with each movement search of a signal from known channels in your area. Digital signals do not have the range of analog television but if you get any picture at all it should be a perfect one (no more snowy edge of reception stations). Also be sure your TV is set up receive the input from the correct source and let the TV search all available channels.
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population