cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge beeping

TheBeans
Explorer
Explorer
We're getting our new rig ready for it's shake-down trip and we turned the fridge on to pre-chill and it started to beep and a light flashed. This is a 2-wway Dometic of some sort (don't have the manual in front of me). We're trying to run the fridge with electricity (gas is off) and the check light goes on and beeping after about 30 seconds. The check light from what we understand is to alert for no gas. Why would the check light go off with electricity only?

So, we've done all the usual stuff to remedy this situation and nothing is working. Anyone have any suggestions that might help? We'll be calling the dealer on Monday morning if we can't get this figured out but I thought I'd tap the knowledge here too.
Wendy & Darrell
2014 Cougar Half-Ton 21RBSWE
2020 Ford F150
12 REPLIES 12

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the fuse on the circuit board on the back of reefer?

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Boomerweps wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:
It is because you set to AUTO it' looking for gas also, set it to AC only.

There is no โ€œACโ€ button, just auto/gas and on/off

I get the check indicator every time I plug the TT into shore power. If I select the off then on, check goes out.
I donโ€™t normally leave the propane on, especially while traveling. Iโ€™ve never traveled over 5 hours away so the refrigerator is just an ice cooler for the trip.

If you press mode button and watch the light it will go to 3 positions left is AC middle is AUTO and right is Gas. My Dometic does this.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Garry&Gayle wrote:

There is no โ€œACโ€ button, just auto/gas and on/off

I get the check indicator every time I plug the TT into shore power. If I select the off then on, check goes out.
I donโ€™t normally leave the propane on, especially while traveling. Iโ€™ve never traveled over 5 hours away so the refrigerator is just an ice cooler for the trip.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
nickthehunter wrote:
The fridge should be plugged into an outlet behind the fridge (access is usually from outdoors behind a panel). Did you check that outlet for 120V or to ensure the fridge was plugged in?

As above, did you check for 120v at the refrigerator outlet?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

trailer_newbe
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually when you set it to โ€œAutoโ€ the logic reverts to 120V by default. It will only switch to propane if the 120V goes away.
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
^^ This is what I was saying in my post above. A new unit, the fridge should work, so likely something simple, like mentioned.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
The fridge should be plugged into an outlet behind the fridge (access is usually from outdoors behind a panel). Did you check that outlet for 120V or to ensure the fridge was plugged in?

TheBeans
Explorer
Explorer
We're plugged into shore power and tested to make sure that it was working by turning on lights and the microwave and everything works as it should. We set the fridge to AUTO and pressed ON and what we got was the flashing CHECK light and beeping. According to Dometic, a beeping noise means the doors are ajar, so we double-checked those and we evern double-checked to make sure that none of the shelves or drawers were blocking the doors in any way. Since the fridge couldn't connect to SP (couldn't find it/couldn't receive it) it transitioned over to LP and worked just fine. We checked all plugs and fuses and all look good. We even tried switching out the SP power cord to a more heavy-duty one that we had and that didn't make any difference either.
Wendy & Darrell
2014 Cougar Half-Ton 21RBSWE
2020 Ford F150

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
A gas/Electric RV fridge has to have 120 VAC to operate from electric for the heater. If you do not have 120 VAC shore power, the fridge controls run from 12 VDC and the fridge from propane. Turn on the propane.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Are you plugged into shore power electric? Do your outlets work?

You say "gas is off" meaning shut off at propane tanks, or fridge is not set to gas?

If shore power electric is not being supplied, fridge will default to gas. Are you sure your fridge is plugged into its proper outlet? Did you test fridge outlet to confirm power?

Jerry

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Check power hi